• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web design?!

Mikki00

Just wondering, If anyone know where on the net I can get a job for web design or do you need a person to web design for commission? I'm a young designer lo_oking for works to pay for my own domain and space. So if you could help me out thanks a lot! :classic2:

1) Set up a "linkware graphics site". Get listed on the approppriate indices. Wait for the customers to come to you. (Which, unless you're a genius, is gonna take a looong time.)

2) Actually go out in person and find yourself a job at a local webhosting company. If you're still in school you should ask if you could work there during the holidays.

3)Go freelance. Freelance means that you go out and find yourself some customers. Like the ham-and-egg lawyer or the grocery store owner around the corner who is eager to advertise his services on the net but can't tell a DVD box from a computer. Offer them "full service" - from designing and setting up the site, installing a shopping cart and online store, buying the domain name, placing the site on search engines and setting up the internet connection to the office computers. You'll need to take care of any monthly bills for him and then bill him for everything at once.

Personally I believe that the combination of the three works best, at least to get some experience. If you're just starting out, don't count on making any money. I'm studying design and philosophy and plan to work in webdesign/webhosting full time after I graduate from college. All the money I ever made with the above three methods have so far been never sufficient to even cover my costs, much less pay me for my time. Especially the third method is a pain in the ---, since it is very time consuming and does hardly pay anything. (But useful if you want to write into your CV "At fiveteen I owned a webdesign company.")

Basically you have to pay money before you get into business - unless you choose 1) and go with a free host.

Trekchick

Last edited:
At the start you have to play dirty, get the best portfolio you can.

PORTFOLIO PORTFOLIO PORTFOLIO

Webhost companies, and going out finding jobs is a good idea.

Wow your a programer? What are your specialty? Or what do you mostly program? Illegal thing? The name Cyber spell it all. C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L :D

It can be used for CGI. You're right that it doesn't have to be, though. Then again, neither does Perl.

are you in school for web design or did you did you finish school?
because i think you will have a hell of a time trying to find a web design job with no formal schooling

Back