• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webcam - image is orange, grainy

notnamed

/fws/
NLC
I have one of these. Tangent: Don't buy this webcam, it's a horrible piece of Chinese knock-off crap, from what I can tell.

Occasionally the image on the webcam goes all screwy. Example:

webcam-a-la-orange.png

I've tried restarting, plugging it in to a new port... last time I just fiddled with some of the image settings in the bundled software and it magically switched back to regular color mode instead of 1842 wild west photograph mode. Any ideas what could cause this?

(added)
Also note that the image is skewed to the right near the top of the picture. The only thing I've changed on my computer since last night (when it was last working) was I installed some stuff (Amazon Unbox, Microsoft Photosynth, some avi->flv converter.)

Last edited:
Yeah, and plugging it into a different USB port so the drivers install themselves again. Sent an e-mail into their tech support, I guess I'll just wait and see if they reply.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude. For like a few dollas more you could have gotten a brand name camera that works.

Not particularly.

Picture%2076.jpg

Mostly thrown off by the sunlight in the windows though. The RightLight Technology is really interesting though, the way it automatically adjusts (most of the time) for the amount of light.

Logitech camera here and no issues. That has definitely got to be either a setting or a driver issue. I would completely remove the camera and the drivers then plug the camera up, have it request the drivers and re-install.

Back