• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WebHostingMasters Review

me too. took me hours to move all the accounts into my new reseller (JewlzK). Server Load was an average of 20.00 during those times

wow...that is messed up

We don't let our server averages get above 2.0 (on dual processor) just for the fact of lag with MYSQL etc. When it hits that point we buy :p Probably not the best cost vs profit but it works well to keep people happy.

What is Dueces Wild Designs?

Last edited:
ecsportal said:
wow...that is messed up

We don't let our server averages get above 2.0 (on dual processor) just for the fact of lag with MYSQL etc. When it hits that point we buy :p Probably not the best cost vs profit but it works well to keep people happy.

What is Dueces Wild Designs?

There isn't any need for a plug, from what I know (correct me if am wrong) WHM had issues at DC level @ LT, last week there was a BIG outage, many hosts went down for up to 8 hours, now you can blame WHM but it wasn't his fault, it was LT's fault, sure there could be other issues at his end but trying to get exposure from another hosts issues is really sad!.

Craig said:
it was LT's fault, sure there could be other issues at his end but trying to get exposure from another hosts issues is really sad!.

You can't blame LT for an overloaded server, a HD fail and a high server load.

mr.d1n1 said:
You can't blame LT for an overloaded server, a HD fail and a high server load.

I was talking in regards to the LT outage, not a hard drive fail, like I said, there could be other issues.

My comment was directed at ecsportal because of plugging.

Not saying that but I actually had referred people to WHM before we started offering CPanel hosting. Those people since that point lost all respect for me due to their service. I'd say it isn't a plug or a cheap shot it is just the truth. Checking the server load on one of their reseller accounts in an email they sent me was average 14.0. I'd have to say that in that sense their service level has definitely went down.

I have no issues with any host, but when I refer them and they make me look bad.....So be it.

Craig said:
I was talking in regards to the LT outage, not a hard drive fail, like I said, there could be other issues.

Ok, I apologise. Anyway, those we're all the problems I faced with WHM (other than the huge downtime.. twice)

Craig said:
There isn't any need for a plug, from what I know (correct me if am wrong) WHM had issues at DC level @ LT, last week there was a BIG outage, many hosts went down for up to 8 hours, now you can blame WHM but it wasn't his fault, it was LT's fault, sure there could be other issues at his end but trying to get exposure from another hosts issues is really sad!.

Yeah we lost a few LT servers to that one. Saw many normal websites go down too.

You can't blame LT, it's not their fault. They chose LT. The idea that you can put the blame on your provider is not the right attitude in my opinion.

James said:
You can't blame LT, it's not their fault. They chose LT. The idea that you can put the blame on your provider is not the right attitude in my opinion.

It was LT's fault in some respect, you didn't see how they handled the situation or did you?, because if you did you would understand.

Cisco Systems concurrence, is that an undocumented IOS software bug initiated a massive EIGRP route flood that castigated throughout Layered Tech's network.

Ok, bug, but the fact remains, zero communication from LT for over 1 week, that's bad considering some providers went down for 8 years & again some days after.

Craig said:
It was LT's fault in some respect, you didn't see how they handled the situation or did you?, because if you did you would understand.

Cisco Systems concurrence, is that an undocumented IOS software bug initiated a massive EIGRP route flood that castigated throughout Layered Tech's network.

Ok, bug, but the fact remains, zero communication from LT for over 1 week, that's bad considering some providers went down for 8 years & again some days after.

That's not the point, to the host's clients LT has nothing to do with their hosting. Whatever the technical cause behind it, it's the host's problem to deal with the situation, not to shift the blame onto their provider. That's why hosts should choose the right provider - because when trouble happens, it's going to be you in trouble, not your provider.

Having said that, I use LT and they are just fine.

James said:
That's not the point, to the host's clients LT has nothing to do with their hosting. Whatever the technical cause behind it, it's the host's problem to deal with the situation, not to shift the blame onto their provider. That's why hosts should choose the right provider - because when trouble happens, it's going to be you in trouble, not your provider.

Having said that, I use LT and they are just fine.

So lets say the network goes down be it rackspace/LT or any other good provider, its the hosts fault?, they have no control over the network, they just rent the servers, you CANT pick the right provider as these things happen be it a man-made fault or nature, in this case it was a bug at fault but LT handled the issue very badly regards to communications which they also agree too.

BTW, why do you say ''That isnt the point'', your telling me that zero communication for 1 week is good?.

Craig said:
So lets say the network goes down be it rackspace/LT or any other good provider, its the hosts fault?, they have no control over the network, they just rent the servers, you CANT pick the right provider as these things happen be it a man-made fault or nature, in this case it was a bug at fault but LT handled the issue very badly regards to communications which they also agree too.

BTW, why do you say ''That isnt the point'', your telling me that zero communication for 1 week is good?.

James, look at the reasoning. If LT doesn't tell us whats happening, what do you tell the people "Uh there seems to be a problem.....uh...the server won't talk.." :p

Back