• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webhosts in Sweden?

d99janh

Hello!

I am looking for good webhosts in Sweden. There are a few, but I
really do not know which ones of them that are good, and who
are not.

I don´t want to use a webhost abroad (i.e. in the US), since I
don´t have a creditcard (or such), and postal orders cost 15 $ +
a bad currency rate (last time I used it).

So what I´m currently searching for is a list of good hosts in
Sweden, that accepts payment via the swedish "postgiro".
If you know a site which lists such hosts, or if you can list a few
hosts right here, then please respond!

Thanks in advance
/ d99janh

Refresh my memory, but isn't Sweden in the EU? And aren't you getting the Euro too?

Maybe you could check out hosts in other EU countries like Germany or France, depending what language you know. Ask if the hosts accepts paybox. ( www.paybox.se )

Sorry, otherwise I can't help you further.

trekchick

Don't know, d99janh. The ones I've seen have been terribly over prized. I think they thrive on people that are scared to do business on the Net, don't know English so well and so on.

If you don't have an older friend/relative that can pay for you I would suggest that you check with the host if they let you transfer money to their bank account. 6 months ago the fee was only 40SEK, account to account to US through SE banken.

<<ADD>>Check for instance www.admax.se. They consider themselves cheap. A personal account, 25MB/5GB, is 1.990 SEK (close to $200) for one year. There are some additional fees too and probably moms (VAT). :cry2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by trekchick
Refresh my memory, but isn't Sweden in the EU? And aren't you getting the Euro too?

Well.... It isn´t all EU countries that gets the Euro, only the ones in the EMU. (Sweden is not among them).

Thanks anyway!

/d99janh

They are almost exactly the same price as Admax. Cheaper per month but a setup fee several times the cost of a money order.

Um, they are listing bandwidth like
10 000 Mbit/month
(this is an example, there are others for
their other plans...).

Either they are idiots, or they think we
are (in the second case I suspect a rip
off ;) )

btw, there are webhosts with lower
prices (like sek 200 for 200 megs),
Are there any way to get to know which
ones are honest and stable? :)

/d99janh

Please list the webhosts you are considering and I'll see if there's some of those I know.

Back