• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are the top three free website hosts?

Even personal blogs, should not use free hosting, if the blog do have important posts.
Some people regret that they host their blog in free hosting, and when the host is gone, they regretted that they never make a backup of the blog database and everything is gone with the dead host.

There's nothing wrong with free hosting as long as you always remember that it can close at any moment for any reason. Use a automated backup solution on your home computer that will download your entire site and database daily. That way if they do roll over and die, you still have your data.

Ultimately, even paid hosts crumble in the end. You are the only person to blame if you lose data unless the hosts ToS specify they will provide you with backups (and even then unless you want to actually take them to court over it, good luck there. Some will be honorable and provide you with the backups -- others will try charging you an outrageous amount or deny you them entirely.)

Free hosting is for small sites or personal blogs mainly. If you are serious about starting a business, go with a paid host.

I would say, it is best to use free hosting as a place for learn and test.
A lot of free host nowadays are capable of running big sites.
How reliable are they? It will have to depends on how the fund the servers.
Of course, if the datas are important, you should get yourself a more reliable host.

My bet is that the "best free" host is hidden somewhere(probably a one-man show with very small number of clients?).

However talking about the reliability, you can't count on any host(free or paid). You need to protect your backups your own. Even the *biggest and most expensive* datacenters lost backups. There is no guarantee on them. So the best choice is to depend on your own.

Yeah, I agree with eSupun.
Even something as big as Amazon cloud, datas did corrupted after their previous blackout.

Think charting of this type isn't efficient: everyone has their own parameters and preferrings. One may like the host#1 and another would hate it

How you come up with that is beyond me. Total BS. You're basically saying deeplist provides crap hosting which is totally not cool.

Nah, see his sig, he's attached to a cheap paid outfit, so it looks more like generic flamebait to me.

I don't know the top three best free web hosts but the top best free web host is litesitehost!

premium reliable small disk space low bandwidth hosting for free.

Last edited:
You have been up for what, a month? Don't claim to be the best unless you actually have a track record of reliability.

You have been up for what, a month? Don't claim to be the best unless you actually have a track record of reliability.

actually I have been up since 20-Jul-2010 with mishaps. Premium host w-9host shut it down do to cost. brought back free litesitehost and listed here a month ago. But that does not really matter. I know you have been in hosting a good while. But there is no rule that says I can not claim to be the best. But it is not very professional to order someone not to do something in the manor you have chosen.

Has the rep become public yet? one negative from me. Where is the rep thing? Do I have access to that yet?

We're going to make it 2 negative reps for you in a minute. You've been providing hosting for barely a year (of course not counting any of the time you were shut down), and you want to claim to be the best free host? ROFLMAO! This is too good.

You've been providing hosting for barely a year (of course not counting any of the time you were shut down), and you want to claim to be the best free host? ROFLMAO! This is too good.

Now this is a professional way of stating you disapproval in a new users business practices. For the record I know I'm not the best free hosting. But I'm not really going to state: "free shared cPanel hosting here. You mite want to look into Windows Hosting or those premium priced cPanel shared Hosting providers". It really does sound as if free hosting is condemned by paid hosting providers.

Get premium priced cpanel shared hosting with Small Disk Space and Low Bandwidth for free at LiteSiteHost. Great package for new websites with a easy file transfer system for when your site out grows the service.

LirSiteHost the friendly community free hosting provider.

I do not need to be professional, I am not a webhost nor a moderator. Now back to the "best" deal. You just stated you have been up for a year, but had problems. That indicates "Not the best".

Regardless, there are other ways of advertising. That little wiseass quip you posted isn't one of them and makes you look like an --- to be frank. Paid hosts do not condemn free hosts, they simply point out the flaws when one simply comes on and says they are the best without any track record to speak of.

As for rep, click your control panel it will be listed there as well as the person who gave it.

P.S. Look at my signature. Do not feel singled out as I spread the reality to every host I feel needs it.

Now this is a professional way of stating you disapproval in a new users business practices. For the record I know I'm not the best free hosting. But I'm not really going to state: "free shared cPanel hosting here. You mite want to look into Windows Hosting or those premium priced cPanel shared Hosting providers". It really does sound as if free hosting is condemned by paid hosting providers.

Get premium priced cpanel shared hosting with Small Disk Space and Low Bandwidth for free at LiteSiteHost. Great package for new websites with a easy file transfer system for when your site out grows the service.

LirSiteHost the friendly community free hosting provider.

I don't disapprove of your "business practice". It's just that brand new hosts come to forums like this all the time and claim to be the best. We get them constantly. Then 3 or 4 months later, they shut down, kinda like you did the first time. ;) If you want to say you're the best free host, prove that you're the best free host. Have some sort of decent track record. Until then, nobody is going to take your claims seriously. It's unfortunate you can't make the same post over on the actual WHT site (freeWHT is a happier, friendlier place) because they'd laugh you right off the forums, making claims like that.

Sain Cai

I apologize I did not mean to hurt your feelings, I suppose that was not to professional of me. Thanks for pointing out the rep thing, I did all ready now where it was though. I'll try and claim a more appropriated business model.

LiteSiteHost a free hosting service that has been through the trials of a being a free hosting service. Still providing free hosting from a purchased resell of a premium host. With a goal to last more then a few months and remain free to domain name owners.

Hopefully that's better.

Last edited:
I don't disapprove of your "business practice". It's just that brand new hosts come to forums like this all the time and claim to be the best. We get them constantly. Then 3 or 4 months later, they shut down, kinda like you did the first time. ;) If you want to say you're the best free host, prove that you're the best free host. Have some sort of decent track record. Until then, nobody is going to take your claims seriously. It's unfortunate you can't make the same post over on the actual WHT site (freeWHT is a happier, friendlier place) because they'd laugh you right off the forums, making claims like that.

I made the claim in a reply to 3 TOP free web host title just to have my site listed in a post. I really don't know why I typed the word best but I ran with it. I have noticed the threads of users be laugh right off. But I'm a survivor and I'm planning on staying. No I can't claim it on my listing at freewebspace if that is what you meant By WHT. Or my website Just trying to tough up a little so I don't get laugh of.

Do not ever claim that you are the best.
Guess what? Even HostGator do not dare to claim that they are the best, so who are you to claim that you are the best?
Although this topic is about free host, but so far, I can only see a few free host that still able to sustain, and most of it, gone dead as soon as they feel proud of themself.

Back