• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to Free Domain Names?

roblev

I cannot find any free domain registration thingys expect Namedemo.com, which sucks ****! Domainzero is great, but you have to pay now, namezero is canada only (which I am in)... which never responds to me so...... WHAT SHALL I DO!?

Although there have been countless topics like this before..., http://emeisp.com gives free domain names. I have one, it works fine(no ad frame lke namezero/namedemo), but I sort of wished I got a $10 one or something like that. Then I would have more control over my domain. If only I had a credit card.....

Originally posted by Chicken
I suppose, "Pay for the domain!" isn't the response you are looking for, eh?

when people ask about somthing that is free why does someone always have to reply with somthing like this?

Originally posted by Omari
when people ask about somthing that is free why does someone always have to reply with somthing like this?

Yup. It's the law of nature.

Originally posted by roblev
WHAT SHALL I DO!?

Well there are no other ones, and the person asked, "What shall I do?" What the heck else am I supposed to recommend? There's no magic elf folks.

It is really tiring to hear about how, "I'm only 13 and I have no money! If you can't afford it, or don't have the means to pay for something, you can't have it. Sorry to tell you.

It's really quite simple.

Originally posted by Chicken

Well there are no other ones, and the person asked, "What shall I do?" What the heck else am I supposed to recommend? There's no magic elf folks.

It is really tiring to hear about how, "I'm only 13 and I have no money! If you can't afford it, or don't have the means to pay for something, you can't have it. Sorry to tell you.

It's really quite simple.

Well said Chicken, but I'm afraid it will fall on deaf ears.

What a load of sh!t

not everyone can get money!

If you can't afford ten bucks for a domain, how the hell did you get your hands on a computer and internet access?

Re: What a load of sh!t

Originally posted by Nick

If you can't afford ten bucks for a domain, how the hell did you get your hands on a computer and internet access?

got the cpu two years ago when we were not broke... internet access is free...

Although I find it hard to believe (judging by my 3rd graders who bring wads of bills to school everyday, and this is in Inglewood, CA -not the richest area)...

I can understand it. *But* if this is the case, then simply, you cannot afford, thus have a domain. I bet you'd like a new Porsche too? So would I. *But* I can't afford it, thus I'm driving this one.

/shameless plug :)

I don't know how it is for everybody else, but this is how it is for me.

This comp and internet access is provided by my dad - for his own purposes. He lets me use it to check email, and my website since I told him it was free. (oh, yeah, he also lets me play games... sometimes) So that's how I get access to the net.

Like I said b4, I don't have allowances. It's unjustly true. Sure, nobody believes it. Kids in my class indeed do walk around with slabs of moola and pockets full of coins. They get allowances plus lunch money - about $5 for the lunch money alone and about $60 per week for the extra cash. Obviously, these kids skip lunches and save the 5 bucks for other uses, like buying manga or the hottest game. Maybe buy some, er, magazines.... ;)

But that's not the case with me. My parents think on a different level, got a different point of view. They go, "you're my son, you're supposed to do chores, why should we pay you for doing the least you can do?! no, no allowances, whatcha need 'em for anyways? you've got a roof over your head, you eat well, sleep well, you're provided with tv and that gizmo over there (the comp)... did we ever charge you for using those? gimme a good reason for letting you waste your money on sodas when you've got water and juice at home................." Get the idea?

So what do you think will happen when I tell them that I want to register a domain that's gotta be paid yearly and will never truly belong to us, and *pay* for webhosting?

Like it was said before on this board...

Get a paper route.... I had a paper route when I was 13/14. I got $250/month - which is a lot for a 13/14 year old in the early 90s.

Most, if not all, states will give paper routes as an exception to the 16 and older working rule. At least they do in Michigan where I live.

Call up your local news paper, and ask. It doesn't hurt to call... :) I'm sure they'll help you out with a paper route that around where you live or at least within a good walking distance from your house.

Plus, you can always shovel snow if you're in a state that has snow... If not... Then do yard work... Mow lawns, plant flowers... Run errands for older people... They're always looking for someone to help out around the house and to run errands for them.

That's my bit...
Hope I could give you some incite...

Yeah, you can deliver newspapers... if you're 16 and/or older. Period.

*lol* Shoveling snow? Hehe... you'd have to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy up high in the mountains in the coldest of all winter to be able to find a centimeter of snow where I live. :)

Mow the lawn?!!? This is even harder than finding snow. It's so seriously overpopulated, almost nobody owns their own lawn. If they've got one, I'm sure it's no bigger than your closet. Besides, you'll more likely find flowers instead of grass. If you go out into the country, all you find are fields of crop, not to mention I live in the city.

If you've got a better excuse, I'd like to hear it. ;)

[Edited by LeX on 01-17-2001 at 09:29 AM]

:p Well I guess it just depends on where you live... :)

When do the later example of stuff you can do... Yard work, errands, etc.... *shrug*

If you can do that... ask your parents to move to the US and you can work at whatever age for the most point... :) j/k

I WAS in the US.... as in, past tense. I DID mow the lawn for some neighbor for $20 once, and their lawn was huge! NOW I'm not in the US.... present. So... no errands, no jobs, no money. Sad, eh? :(

ok... Try collecting Beenz then...

http://www.beenz.com

Collect 3000 beenz and you can buy a domain... Its True... I bought 2 domains for far, and its only been like 2-3 months... :)

*shrug*

BTW, is your family in the military or someting??

Back