• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to Free Domain Names?

You sure about this beenz thing? I'll check it out.... who owns the domain you supposedly got from them?

No, my parents aren't in the military, they're in the navy. :p

I don't know much about the beenz thing, but surely the motivated and enterprising youngster can come up with a micro biz to earn some small change. Sell lemonade :)

Since you don't need much, there's got to be *something* we can all come up with that you could do to earn the required amount of money for a domain.

Little odd jobs for neighbors? Old people need help with things, etc...

Heh.... nah, I suppose I'll just have to wait till I'm 16. I'm just trying to say that there are some people who's telling the truth when they say "I'm 13 and I've got no money". Of course, the majority of the ppl who claims they're 13 and poor are not true.....

Originally posted by rockergrrl
Like it was said before on this board...

Get a paper route.... I had a paper route when I was 13/14. I got $250/month - which is a lot for a 13/14 year old in the early 90s.

I don't know about everywhere, but here in Phoenix the papers are delivered by adults who drive cars. Been that way for a number of years now. I think they must've decided that it was too "dangerous" for kids to be out doing it.

uhh...

try doing that in New York City. chances are you'll get shot at for being a nuisance

Here's an idea:

Walk down the sidewalk looking in the gutter. When people get out of cars quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies fall out of their pockets a lot of the time. Just find 36 quarters and you're set!

I find it REALLY hard to believe you have no money at all. I'm sorry if it's true though, (very few poor people where I live). Anyways, it's not that hard to make some money off the internet. I tried getpaid4.com for a couple of months, then decided it was too annoying, and quit using it. But I made a good $50 or so American in this time. Why not try this?

Heck...when I'm low on cash (happens a lot) I donate plasma... But you have to be 18 and older...

First time I donated, I got $20
Second time, I got $30
Third time, I got $20
and every time after that I get $25

I can donate at the most 16 times a month... I average about $400/month. Comes in handy... :)

Well, it might be true that if parents aren't giving it to you it might be a little harder for a kid to come up with cash these days. Paper routes here are now all automobile routes..not because of safety..they want the paper delivered early in the morning. And, I notice that more and more people are getting companies in to do the lawn cutting and landscaping..and this isn't a particularly affluent area. However..if you're a kid with no money, you're probably not running an e-commerce site either, so a domain isn't absolutely necessary. You can run a nice site with a subdomain if you have to. If it's a real good idea it might even generate some cash for a domain. Hell, I'm an adult with enough money for a domain, but haven't gotten one for the site I do that's probably the most popular. It's got no potential for revenue, so..I just haven't gotten around to it. But it does have a nice short subdomain address.

Originally posted by rockergrrl
Like it was said before on this board...

Get a paper route.... I had a paper route when I was 13/14. I got $250/month - which is a lot for a 13/14 year old in the early 90s.

Most, if not all, states will give paper routes as an exception to the 16 and older working rule. At least they do in Michigan where I live.

Call up your local news paper, and ask. It doesn't hurt to call... :) I'm sure they'll help you out with a paper route that around where you live or at least within a good walking distance from your house.

Plus, you can always shovel snow if you're in a state that has snow... If not... Then do yard work... Mow lawns, plant flowers... Run errands for older people... They're always looking for someone to help out around the house and to run errands for them.

That's my bit...
Hope I could give you some incite...

i already tried...

I'm a member of beenz.com, and it's great! It an online currency. If you're 13 you could easily get the amount needed to buy a domain from somewhere. Loads of sites give out small numbers of beenz every day, week, whatever... Or for filling out surveys and stuff. I think that would be a very good idea for you! No real money ever involved.

Back