• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta be rich for service i guess

First i signed up with 9kd.net. Than with directoris. Now with valuable host.

Can anyone give me more good advice overhere for a good and cheap host. This is the third time i bang my head. Al the money i waysted is comming from the great advice you people are giving me.

And as for valuable host get MySql back online asp and gimme my new account details. This is not funny anymore. If you can't handle the service then don't start this business. Or ask more money for your services. But as it seems right now i think your company will be broke next year. If everyone will read these messages. (nobody will sign up for new accounts after this incedent) .Maybe i don't have to blame you but a status report on regular basis (even with mistakes) would help us more. And tell them to stop emailing so that you can handle each customer induvidually.

Shit man just get it up and running again.

Originally posted by ultra
i still cant access mine. they still have few more hours, like 3 or so, of the "48" hours they mentioned.

Don't get your hope up about the 48 hours because I got the same e-mail about the so-called "48-hours" on FRIDAY and today is Monday. You do the math.

and no email after 48hrs :devious2: excuse again probably.

why did they close their forum?:confused: :mad:

they should atleast give info from their website and just remove their testimonial page.

"The move is nearing completion we require all clients to change their nameservers to:
ns.valuablehost.net 209.120.131.65
ns2.valuablehost.net 209.120.131.66"

what do they mean of nearing completion when they didnt even start yet?

"Once we recieve your e-mail we will activate your account on the new server, please note that you have to e-mail us before the 20th of this month"

yeah right.

"We have recieved e-mails from various clients regarding the move not "being" complete. Overall there are 10GB+ of files to move over not including databases. We can give you your account details now so you can access your account. Please e-mail support@valuablehost.com if you would like to recieve your account details."

*receive* account details huh?

Here is the whole history of Valuablehost.com failed assurances

The whole fiasco started on Saturday 15, 2001

15th of September 2001 12:41:31 PM
Dear ValuableHost Clients,

As most of you know, ValuableHost has been migrating from a Ensim based
server to a Plesk based server. The move is nearing completion we
require all clients to change their nameservers to:
ns.valuablehost.net 209.120.131.65
ns2.valuablehost.net 209.120.131.66
Nameservers take 24-48 hours to fully propogate, once your domain has
propogated, please e-mail support@valuablehost.com with the subject
"Account Activation" also provide your domain name and please note in the
e-mail if you want ValuableHost to move your files and databases for
your account to the new server. Once we recieve your e-mail we will
activate your account on the new server, please note that you have to e-mail
us before the 20th of this month. Sorry for any inconveniences caused
with this move, the move should definetly be a large improvement to the
Ensim control panel.

After I got this email, I immediately transferred my DNS info and 3 days later I got this next e-mail:

ValuableHost Mailing List
18th of September 2001 07:39:15 AM
Dear Clients,

We have recieved e-mails from various clients regarding the move not
"being" complete. Overall there are 10GB+ of files to move over not
including databases. We can give you your account details now so you can
access your account. Please e-mail support@valuablehost.com if you would
like to recieve your account details.

When I got this email, I was glad and thought that finally the wait is over so I email them because they had said "we can give your account details now....." But nothing happens in the next few days.

The next day (Sept 19) I got this email message:

19th of September 2001 11:44:32 AM

Dear Clients,

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused by the server move.

Let us explain our position here:

We had hired some programmers to plan and complete the move, they were
on contract and paid before hand. When the date arrived for them to
start the move (last saturday), they did not show up nor did they contact
us. This left us in the blank, now i have hired IntenseInfo to complete
the move, they are a reputable and well trusted company. The move
should be completed by the end of Thursday. I sincerly hope you understand
our situation, also please do not send multiple e-mails, you will be
sent a e-mail when your account has been activated please note that
clients will recieve some compensation in webhosting services.

So again I got my hope up because they had said "the move should be completed by the end of Thursday......"

But nothing happend by the end of Thursday (which is the 20th)
So again my hope was shattered.

Then on Friday (9/21) I got the following email:

Dear ValuableHost Clients,

If you own a namebased site with us, meaning your hosting package
ranges from valuable-1 to valuable-4 your site is on the new server. For
IP-Based accounts, please allow another 24-48 hours for your sites to be
moved. Please respond to this e-mail if you own a name-based site with
your domain name.

I saw this message and was disappointed because I had signed up with the V-5 plan so I had to wait for "at most" 48 hours. I keep on checking every 12 hour interval and yesterday, when the 48 hours deadline was up, I still don't receive any new info about my account.

So finally, I woke up this morning (which by this time has passed 48 hour mark by many hours) I still did not receive anything new. If by 6 pm today I don't receive anything, it would be 72 hours!!!!!

So that is why I am really upset at this host right now. I have recommend many people in the past at various other forums that I have come across. But now I feel sorry for what I have done.

What gets me upset is:

1. Failed assurances

2. Very little updates by the host. They only do it by automated email with "false" promises and just let us clients hope and hope/wait & wait until we get more disappointments.

Hello,

If I were customers of valuablehost I would stick with them for the time being. They have excellent support and excellent uptime until this server move. You have to understand that it is a difficult task changing control panels. Valuablehost at least is being honest with clients, updating them (Except for the deadlines which I suspect is a Telstra problem, they have been having plenty of problems latley). I am not entirely sure what the problems you are having now *Specifically*, but hopefully everyone will be worked out within a few days.

Im sure Valuable will learn from these mistakes if they ever have to move again. Now the hard task begins to convince all users that they are reliable and this won't happen again.

Robert

Update

Hello again.

As many know we have nothing to do with this matter, other then some back end work.

We have been contracted to do some work and now have recieved the necessary info pertaining to IP accounts. By the end of today ie 12pm tonight CST those should be completed. We make no gaurentees but have met our other deadlines before for the name based ones.

We also will be sending out all info via email as well. We have been contracted to do this now. My promise is that by tommorow night ie 12 pm CST all clients that we have info on will get a email with account details. It will be overall a simple format:

Account Access URl
User
Password

We will send 1 email per account. As most also know this is not our primary business as we also own a hosting company on a much larger scale. We have taken on this job, and have a tech working on it.

Overall we have met our deadlines which much time to spear. I think most will be very happy when the move is done. I also think there should be no more problems from this point on or at least after its done.

All of you whom have problems have every right to be upset, but i think just bear with it, it will be ok. I also know how important it may be for some, so I am also with many of you.

One thing is please dont email my company at all. You will probably not get a response at all back. If you have problems contact your host please. The tech assigned to this, will almost never respond to any emails, nothing against any of you, but he was not contracted to do that.

I hope this helps a little. I do apologize for the matter, but I hope that we can help. Have a good day all. I will post a update when the IP accounts are done, and finally when the emails are done.

Joe

I forgot about the Telstra thing... now THAT's believable :D

Thank you for informing us of these things Joe, and thanks for the reassuring words.

I am at the end of my tether here; with my site having been down this long it is very frustrating, and I have already lost money and thousands of visitors.

As furious as I am about this, I am still quite positive that after this things will be as smooth as can be; which is rather frustrating because it means I can't run off to another host in a fit of rage. :)

I'm pissed off beyond belief... but I'll be sticking with VH.

Re: Update

Originally posted by jbiz718
My promise is that by tommorow night ie 12 pm CST all clients that we have info on will get a email with account details. It will be overall a simple format:

Account Access URl
User
Password

I guess the key word here is "tomorrow night" so right now I can just kiss today good bye in hoping anything good will happen. I learn to expect the worst from valuablehost.com

Email

if you send me a email i will see what i can do...

I dont make any promises, but will try...

Also my company has met all deadlines that we were supposed too.

The key word is not tommorow night, I wont make a gaurentee i cant 110% keep.

So with anything giving more time for something is always good

Joe

Last edited:
Suggestions to ValuableHost
===================

"24/7 support" should be changed to "minimal support when I am awake"

"99.9% uptime" should be changed to "99.9% uptime when we are not having problems"

You have made some flat-out lies that you really need to revise. I hope you can offer us some decent compensation.

Re: Email

if you send me a email i will see what i can do...

I dont make any promises, but will try...

Joe

Joe,

What exactly can you do? If I email you, what can you do? Let me ask you this: Are you the one who is in charge of transferring the files from the old server to the new one?

If this is the case, are you saying that all of my files have been transferred over to the new server already since you said that you have "met all deadlines."

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what is going on with my account:

1. I have no idea whether my files have been transferred to the new server or not.

2. I am just afraid that I am going to get some lame email asking me whether I want my files to be transferred again and thus delay my site again. I keep emailing Valuablehost that I DO want my files to be transferred. If I get another mail asking me whether I want my files to be transferred, I think I will go insane!!!!

I paid for the V-5 plan and this is what I get. This is insane!!!!
I have not heard anything from HostExp at all for awhile. What is going on?

Last edited:
Role

All my role is creating accounts, preferences and hosting accounts.

I have no part in the moving of files.

What I can do for you is get you access to upload your own files.

Thats all I can do. You will either way get a email from me in regards to your user info. You stressed urgency, I am the one who can handle that

Joe

Re: Role

All my role is creating accounts, preferences and hosting accounts.

I have no part in the moving of files.

What I can do for you is get you access to upload your own files.

Thats all I can do. You will either way get a email from me in regards to your user info. You stressed urgency, I am the one who can handle that

Joe

Joe,

If you can create accounts and send out info on how to access the account in order to upload files, then why do you have to wait until tomorrow in order to finish it? Couldn't you do it now? Couldn't you just send the member's all the info so that they can upload their own files now? Why wait?

Help me!

I just lost hope getting any help from ValuableHost...
Wednesday in the night, after many e-mail, I was able to get ValuableHost to configure hosting for me on the new server, without transfering my files as I had a back-up anyway.

Now the only thing I have on my site is an ikonboard v3, with 40 members. I got a problem when restoring my iB3 data, as the files from my back-up can't be open, even if they are CHMOD to 777, they acts like they are not CHMOD to 777. But when I do a fresh install and the server create these files itself it has no problem opening them.

Now the way I did restore my back-up is correct, I successfully restored it on Freedom2Surf. So there is a problem with the server or something.

I tried to get in my account via telnet and ssh, ssh just close the connection as soon as I log in. I asked ValuableHost days ago for telnet or ssh access, still don't have it.

I don't know what to do. I still get this error:
http://forums.omni-gamer.com

For people who don't have their hosting configured yet, go there:
https://www.yourdomain.com:8443

You will be able to access your control panel (check the date the account was create... Sept 9 for me), but you will notice that the only thing you need is to get ValuableHost configure hosting for you to access your account via FTP on the new server.

Also Joe, I don't know if you can do this but could you get telnet or SSH working? Maybe you know why my files that I uploaded and CHMOD to 777 act like they are not CHMOD to 777.

Also if at least the ValuableHost forums where not closed, we could at least try to help each other. It's a shame people have to come here to get ValuableHost support.

Reasons

Ok

There are many reasons on why.

1. I am awaiting information that is needed to send emails and finish creation

2. We are working under contract for specific deadlines. These are deadlines that have been set. We will meet them, .

3. Also there is more involved that I cannot currently discuss.

We are helping our client out, and doing alot of work. Granted we choose to do this, but our deadlines our with in reason.

Also i never said we are waiting till tommorow. I gave tommorow as a deadline. We are working on many things right now. Vhost is one of them.

There is absolutly no reason to get upset at us. We are doing our job in this matter

If you have any problems please contact valuablehost.

Joe

Re: Reasons

If you have any problems please contact valuablehost.

With all respect I have for you Joe, what do you think we are all doing?

No offense against you Joe, we have no reasons to blame you, it's ValuableHost we are blaming.

Ok

I due understand that the situation is bad.

I am telling you that if everyone can just chill a little, our techs will get everything done by at the latest tommorow night, if we get all info.

As I said earlier its a rough situation. We can help with about every support issue possible, but we are not hired to do so.

I will advise my techs to handle maybe a few plesk issues, but overall we really are just handling the creation and what not.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back