• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Create and manage e-mail accounts—POP3, redirects, groups, and autoresponders—all from a single screen.

Create new Web users within a domain.

Create protected directories (SSL and non-SSL) and manage directory users.

Administer domain SSL certificates—purchase SSL certificates, create CSRs or self-signed certificates, install SSL certificates.

Use both standard and anonymous FTP services.

Create databases, accessing them with PHPMyAdmin and administering database users.

Utilize IMP Webmail e-mail service.

Access domain-level statistics.

Additional Features and Specifications
Runs latest version of Apache, ProFTD, MySQL and PHP.

Handles both name-based and IP-based hosting with the same interface.

Manages mail exclusively (hosting not required for domain mail).

Provides DNS management area with quick and easy master zone file setup.

Supports SSL, SSI, PHP, CGI, MySQL, Perl, MS FrontPage, and Apache ASP.

Offers SSL and CSR creation capabilities.

Features a customizable interface for private labeling by hosting companies and resellers.

Thats from the Plesk page, you also have mod_perl.

Regards,
ValuableHost

i have an idea about to getting back ur files, try to change back the nameserver to ns.valuablehost.com and also ns2.valuablehost.com, then your domain name will point back to the old server, after that you can easily download ur files, finish download change back to the new nameserver, then re upload ur files... this is the only way so far...

Hmmm... I don't know what half that stuff means... but thanks! :D

Erm... odd little thing happenin' now... at my site (http://toefur.com) it is suddenly showing some sort of Apache page, saying it is installed and stuff.

But I have uploaded my index.html but it is still only showing the Apache page, and it wont show any files in any other directories... how do I get my site back??? Or do I just need to wait a few minutes or so...

Last edited:
Is it showing my site??

All I'm getting is this Apache page, "Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website. "

When access toefur.com, the following text on the index pages is revealed:

Toefur.com and it's associated sites shall be returning shortly!

For those that have been trying to access any of our pages, I sincerely apologise for this downtime. My webhost was moving our servers, and things got a little complicated.

Everything will be running as per usual, within the next day or two.

Warm Regards,

- Toefur
- toefur@toefur.com

Kindest Regards,
HostEXP

Hmmm... that's very odd, very odd indeed. Probably something to do with my cheapassed ISP!

Ah well, sorry to keep bugging you! :D I'll let you get back to work now! :)

Re: Help me!

Originally posted by Vargas
... my files that I uploaded and CHMOD to 777 act like they are not CHMOD to 777....

Are you guys using a Plesk panel ?
I think, Plesk by default does not allow scripts to be set to 777, you can however, request your host to change them for you manually via shell as root.

I'm in the same boat as magik2k

Well I'm not holding much hope that my dbase will ever be transfered and my old forum restored to normal (I was using Vbulletin). I'm not an expert when it comes to mysql, but can anyone tell me if this would work. .. If I change my name servers back to the old ones can I get access to my old dbase using phpmyadmin and make a back up (how exactly would I do this--BTW). Then reinstall the BB on the new server and add the backed up information? This seems complicated to me since, as I said I know very very little about mysql. TIA

All I want from the old dbase is the members regitration information--so they won't have to re-register (I only had 20 members or so).

changing nameservers back and forth would be too much work for you and will result in more downtime. Do you have telnet access to the old server ? if you do, just do a mysqldump to backup your db.

I think ValuableHost just posted something a while ago saying he is having problems with the mysql daemon on the old server. If this gets resolved you could ssh to the old server (ns.valuablehost.com) and dump your database yourself using mysqldump.

Well I'm (tvforum.co.uk) currently on the old server because of no email, but if the latest deadline is Thursday, then I can't complain (I must be at the back end of the V5 list!)

I'm in the process of downloading my thread/cgi/perl files used on IB, so if worst comes to the worst, I won't mind too much, reuploading IB clean install and uploading the threads back. If only IB2.2 was available to download! It would be perfect timing.

ValuableHost - are you able to tell any more about the CGI problems on the old server? My site (12.13pm UK) seems to be working okay again but this was the the case at the same time yesterday and when I logged on again at 6pm, it was down for the rest of the evening.

Finally, sorry Mod for filling your forums with these requests. Please understand that it is so much nicer to know that there are other people in the same boat. Once VH's official forum comes back, we'll disappear! :)

Cheers, Asa

Originally posted by Sting
I think ValuableHost just posted something a while ago saying he is having problems with the mysql daemon on the old server. If this gets resolved you could ssh to the old server (ns.valuablehost.com) and dump your database yourself using mysqldump.

Thanks for both answers gentleman. If he is having probs with the mysql daemon I guess that would prohibit me from performing the mysqldump command?

Hello,

Yes the server does not support chmoding files to 777, although you can chmod them to 755 which is basically the same.

Regards,
HostEXP

P:S Yes we are using Plesk 2.0.

Thank you for your continued patience and support, we are working on everything going back to normal. Once normal, you will notice 100% increase in the quality of service i assure you. I am online for 24hrs, so if you need anything e-mail me at admin@valuablehost.com. Also we are working on the MySQL daemon issue.

Thanks,
HostEXP

Originally posted by Asa Hicks
Well I'm (tvforum.co.uk) currently on the old server because of no email, but if the latest deadline is Thursday, then I can't complain (I must be at the back end of the V5 list!)

I'm in the process of downloading my thread/cgi/perl files used on IB, so if worst comes to the worst, I won't mind too much, reuploading IB clean install and uploading the threads back. If only IB2.2 was available to download! It would be perfect timing.

ValuableHost - are you able to tell any more about the CGI problems on the old server? My site (12.13pm UK) seems to be working okay again but this was the the case at the same time yesterday and when I logged on again at 6pm, it was down for the rest of the evening.

Finally, sorry Mod for filling your forums with these requests. Please understand that it is so much nicer to know that there are other people in the same boat. Once VH's official forum comes back, we'll disappear! :)

Cheers, Asa

Last edited:
sorry, i forgot something, you can easily download your files by without changing anything, just go ahead telnet or ftp ur account to ns.valuablehost.com with your exiting password, this is also another by getting your files back instead of waiting there...

Has anyone able to get the perldiver.cgi & info.cgi to run to look for the paths? I have chmod the script to 755 but it still does not run so I could not see what my paths are. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back