• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you do in the the event of a Zombie Apocalypse?

TehGuy

Weird question I guess, but I've been playing too much Left 4 Dead recently, and I watched Dawn of the Dead for the first time last week (it's on Hulu!) and Terminator Salvation yesterday (it's an end of the world / us vs them type movie). This reminds me I still need to see Zombieland.

I was sleeping this morning only to be woken up by tornado warning sirens which are tested maybe once a month. For just a split second, just one small, fleeting moment, I thought "Oh ----, zombies!" before realizing it was just a routine test of the sirens.

So that got me thinking: What would you if you were suddenly thrust into the midst of a zombie apocalypse?
28dayslater_infected-fire.jpg

No preparation beforehand, no knowledge of it coming. Just all of a sudden one day, almost everyone is a zombie. And I don't mean those slow --- zombies. You can watch 5:00 to 10:35 of Dawn of the Dead at that link (Rated R obviously!) to get an idea of what I'm talking about (if it's available in your area :cry2:)

Here's my scenario: I live in a somewhat small town (maybe 35,000 people). I have no firearms in my house (well, a shotgun with no ammo, that hasn't been used for 20 years). First thing I'd do is go to the garage and get a baseball bat. Next thing, get in the car and go to a pawn shop get get some firearms. Granted, Wal-Mart is closer to me and probably has more guns and more ammo, but it's a large open 24/7 store with lots of people (who might be zombified! :whatthe:). Next thing would be to take the 45 minute drive to my brother's apartment, and see if he's a survivor.

Now the hard part is finding out where we can hole up until the whole thing blows over. Options are slightly limited where he lives (Fayetteville, AR, a college town). We could hope there's some sort of militia group formed at the University, hold up at his apartment (bad idea if you ask me!), or a smallish sized grocery store. I think I'd go with the grocery store as it's got plenty of small exits that could easily be barricaded in a snap, it's got food, it'd be easy to clear any zombies out. And yet another advantage: there's a liquor store right across the street! Woohooo! The store is at the top of a hill, so we'd have a clear view from all directions.

A fun alternative to just holding out for weeks or months: Rig up a sweet bus or RV and go looking for survivors across the country! I've always wanted to travel :biggrin2:
zomboni.jpg

So, what's your plan?

IncaseofZombiesBreakGlass.jpg

My plan would be to get as far away as possible - hopefully steal a space shuttle and dock with the ISS :p.

I think my options would be limited to running and killing. Shaun of the dead was fun.

hmm, we'll we're pretty well stocked up at my house. I'd drop some food in the Pilot, grab the Remington 12 gauge, glock, 10/22, and crossbow, and then drive over to my friends house. If he is alive, awesome, if not, i take his AR-15 & AK-47 and make a run for it. Head west :D

I'll most probably try to fight them with my bare hands and end up being their dinner.

Unfortunately, no weapons are allowed here in Singapore, so most Singaporeans would basically be defenceless in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse.

I think I would just give up. So in the event of a real zombie apocalypse, you just do want to be with me - it would end badly! :p

I'd get the 7mm longrifle and the 12ga coach, both of which plenty of ammo is available for.

Snipe as many as I can using the 7mm long- with it's theoretical range of up to 2 miles as a tripod sniper, and use the 12ga coach for close quarters combat due to it's ability to shred a human-sized silhouette to pulp at 25 yards.

Likely by the time my ammunition runs out, I will have found sufficient materials for molotovs and also some suitable melee weapons like swords or chainsaws.

With any luck I can break into a nearby datacenter. Datacenters are usually very well secured with redundant power and internet access, I could safely hide out there living on the mice and what edible food remained in the breakroom long enough to call for help or produce more advanced equipment using the provisions located there. Imagine a piece of server rack converted to a railgun, using the magnents from the pile of dead hard drives and firing used floppy discs.

That ought to hold them at bay for a while.

Last edited:
I imagine a lot of rules no longer apply in the event of a zombie apocalypse
Regardless, if the apocalypse is abrupt, I doubt that Singapore could have sufficient resources to arm enough people to be even of a significant threat to the zombies.

This is the sad truth.

Then again, what are the odds of a zombie apocalypse?

Back