• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

which panel is best for VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

grvsunny

Hello all I want to ask which panel is best for VPS and will take least memory and RAM like we have Direct admin, cpanel, lxadmin and so on so please tell me which one will be best in features, space and speed

Well.. memory = RAM for 1 :p

But id say LXAdmin. Pretty sure it uses about 22mb ram and has features comparable to cpanel. Never tried DA myself.

lxAdmin - Nice for a free control panel, but it does not even compete with DirectAdmin or cPanel. It uses hardly anything, UNLESS you get lots of visitors, and then its spawn based webserver will overload even the most powerful of VPS/servers.

DirectAdmin has amazing features and uses much less RAM and CPU than cPanel. Personally, I would go with DirectAdmin over cPanel any day, and if you are looking to host sites, lxAdmin is not the best route to go down, it has many unfixed bugs, and its not the most secure control panel.

lxAdmin Good Points:
  1. Free-ish
  2. Uses hardly any RAM/CPU at idle state
  3. Easy to use/manage

lxAdmin Bad Points:
  1. Its spawn based system means overloading is easy when you get lots of hits. It can end up using much more CPU and RAM than other setups when you get moderate amount of visits.
  2. Low security - There are many hacks and scripts that can compromise the security on your VPS.
  3. Bugs - Many unfixed bugs still remain
  4. Support - If something does go wrong with the control panel, you have to go directly to Lxlabs, as normally only they can fix it, whereas, with DirectAdmin, and cPanel, normaly anyone can fix it due to their "standard" setup of services, LxAdmin is more "edited" from standard

Overall. DirectAdmin is $5/month to VPS resellers - So I would go for that ;) Its an easy to use stable control panel.

Last edited:
thanks for replying guys so direct admin is best in resources right thank you abd what about HyperVM in comparison to other panels

HyperVM is a VPS management system - Unless you are looking to sell VPS's it really does not matter much for the end user ;)

If your VPS host uses HyperVM, you cannot change that.

Hi!
I like webmin. It's free and works quite well..even on a 64MB vps. It's not hard to install either...so that's another plus.

DA is good..but not free. Low-resource wise..that's about it.

Bryon

Hi!
I like webmin. It's free and works quite well..even on a 64MB vps. It's not hard to install either...so that's another plus.

DA is good..but not free. Low-resource wise..that's about it.

Bryon

Webmin is hardly a hosting control panel. Its a management control panel, best installed alongside a webhosting control panel, like cPanel or DirectAdmin.

Webmin/Usermin if you're looking for simple, small, reliable, and takes the less RAM/Space depending on the features you install. (At least that worked out for me before)

If your budget allows it, I'd go for DirectAdmin. It's a fantastic piece of software, it's up there with cPanel in my books.

As rule web master choose the control panel according own experience and skills on the previous web hosting provider. And control panel choice do depend on that.

Yes. Does anyone know how many server licences they have sold every month? My guess would be ALOT - what do they do with the money? Well, i don't they don't spend it on advertising - that's for sure. Infact, they make their resellers do most of the advetising, if any.
Also, i think there's alot of room for improvment. If it was my project, it would have many more features that you would usually be paying $5-30/mo more for each plugin. I think they should all be included with cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back