• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whois information?

It should, I haven't heard of any registrar where it doesn't. Any registrar in particular you're thinking about?

It should stay the same. If not, you just log into the new control panel and change it.

You sure about that? All the domains I transferred stayed the same.

It just depends. Some will try to (or will in fact automatically) change the technical contact to their company, etc. Other than that, nothing should change, and even if it does, you simply go into the control panel and change it back. Shouldn't be a big deal.

i have transfer domains from and to godaddy, namecheap, moniker, directnic, name, dynadot etc and the whois always stay the same

Nope. If you transfer , the domain registrar name will be the your new registrar and the name server will be different as well.
You can change your whois.is information by yourself for personal information.

You are required by the Law (not sure which one!) to update your personal info if it changes. I did this to my sites about a month ago and they still show my old info.

As I know,The Whois information will need to be re-entered, because this information is not transferred. However, the name server information will remain the same.

As I know,The Whois information will need to be re-entered, because this information is not transferred. However, the name server information will remain the same.

No, you are wrong.
The Whois info will be transferred as well, as long as you select to retain the existing Whois info.

Whois information

Thanks Arf, but its not providing the info I want. i.e. any domain with GoDaddy, for example, is practically useless. I need the definitive expiry dates and sometimes to make sure the DNS changes have propagated correctly, also checking LOCK status before a transfer. What a registrar has in their own WHOIS is not always whats official as per the registry.

I usually use our our own WHOIS, but there are occasions when we need the authoritative information.

Darn, I see they OUTed our own command line whois, too. Oh well Least it wasnt customized, and this one seems to do the same thing.

Whois information

Thanks Arf, but its not providing the info I want. i.e. any domain with GoDaddy, for example, is practically useless. I need the definitive expiry dates and sometimes to make sure the DNS changes have propagated correctly, also checking LOCK status before a transfer. What a registrar has in their own WHOIS is not always whats official as per the registry.

I usually use our our own WHOIS, but there are occasions when we need the authoritative information.

Darn, I see they OUTed our own command line whois, too. Oh well Least it wasnt customized, and this one seems to do the same thing.

Back