• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Who's been around longest?

Webdude

NLC
Out of the free hosts currently available....how many have been around longer than Worldzone.net? Yes, I know Geocities, Angelfire, etc.....but who else?

Originally posted by Webdude
Out of the free hosts currently available....how many have been around longer than Worldzone.net? Yes, I know Geocities, Angelfire, etc.....but who else?
This isn't a shameless plug of your host is it Webdude? :p But yeah as everyone else has said, Geocities, Tripod, Angelfire, Netfirms i think, and a few others probably.

Re: Re: Who's been around longest?

Originally posted by Moonman
This isn't a shameless plug of your host is it Webdude? :p
Not sure why he would want to plug the free hosting when the paid is rocking! Take a look just on the first page of this thread for all the shameless plugs, some have died already. It just so happens that worldzone along with a treasured few are still there after many, many have gone down the gurgler.

I would have to say Tripod, Geocities and Angelfire. Hypermart were quite early (I think). Netfirms aren't really that old (I was one of the first users and before them I'd used Hypermart and FreeWWW.org (sadly no more). Virtual Avenue are pretty old too....

I have had a site at freeservers.com for a few years now. Fortune City seems to have been around forever too. The first website I ever had was at Xoom.

Crosswinds, if I am not mistaken, doesn't do Free anylonger and hasn't for quite awhile.

I stand corrected. I visited Crosswinds and I see that they are once again doing Free. I had a poetry site with them about 18months ago and had to take it down because they did away with the free webspace. Or so they informed me.

I used to use CW (until they got slow), and Vice President Tony Holmes claimed that CW will always offer free accounts as long as it survives.

Back