• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why don't they learn English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pointing towards hands on trades, some of them can't spell - however could fix something before you could even start your car or paint a wall.
But that's no real substitute for spelling and grammar is it? Independent self-employed trade's people need to have good spelling and grammar because they are in charge of writing all of their workplace's documents. It has nothing to do with what they do, but rather necessity. I once saw official Foxtel literature claiming their offer expired 31-9-05. I immediately thought "what idiot thought there were 31 days in September?" They're supposed to be a 10-year old giant corporation!

Not many self-employed trades people do the writing - they will have a wife or a single employee such as a service advisor with a background who is very literate to do the writing for them. Even when they do write - it is chicken scratch.

I guess your failing to miss the fact that no one is perfect - except you I guess - because apparently it's a fault for every single person in this world who makes a mistake and you make none which is why you are writing this rant after all. To announce to FWS how perfect you are!

Congradulations!

Here's a medal!

I'm leaving the topic - as it isn't going to go anywhere, and It was self stupidity for getting involved.

Not many self-employed trades people do the writing - they will have a wife or a single employee such as a service advisor with a background who is very literate to do the writing for them. Even when they do write - it is chicken scratch.

I guess your failing to miss the fact that no one is perfect - except you I guess - because apparently it's a fault for every single person in this world who makes a mistake and you make none which is why you are writing this rant after all. To announce to FWS how perfect you are!

Congradulations!

Here's a medal!

I'm leaving the topic - as it isn't going to go anywhere, and It was self stupidity for getting involved.
I second the motion, put in the order for the medal!!!!

You know this thread would be very different if those who aren't bad at spelling didn't post in it! :p

A lot of people make spelling and grammar errors, it isn't just limited to us Americans.

Every English speaking country has its own dialect of the language, some countries even have multiple dialects. I used to live in New York and Tennesse, but now I live in Utah. In all three of these regions there is a slight difference in how the language is used. If an American talks to a British person, there will be barriers because of each culture's dialect.

You really shouldn't sterotype people because it is rude. Would it be nice of me to sterotype all Australians as people that isolate and sterotype Americans?

A lot of people make spelling and grammar errors, it isn't just limited to us Americans.

Every English speaking country has its own dialect of the language, some countries even have multiple dialects. I used to live in New York and Tennesse, but now I live in Utah. In all three of these regions there is a slight difference in how the language is used. If an American talks to a British person, there will be barriers because of each culture's dialect.

You really shouldn't sterotype people because it is rude. Would it be nice of me to sterotype all Australians as people that isolate and sterotype Americans?
AMEN! That's what i was trying to say.

Would it be nice of me to sterotype all Australians as people that isolate and sterotype Americans?
Well we do, so that's a fair stereotype. :beer: We also stereotype the Irish as being a bunch of drunken idiots who are always too drunk to cook anything besides stew!

Well we do, so that's a fair stereotype. :beer: We also stereotype the Irish as being a bunch of drunken idiots who are always too drunk to cook anything besides stew!

Thank your lucky stars I am taking that as a Joke.
Us Irish are very hard-working "Idiots" who probably built half if not more of your country!
And regarding us being drunk all the time, it's because we brew the best Stout in the world called Guinness!

Why don't you stop saying we, why don't you just say I because I'm more than sure most of them don't think like you.

Also if you guys hate america so much why support a comedian from here?

And that's low, even if im not irish, that's low.

How old are you?:eek3:

Why don't you stop saying we, why don't you just say I because I'm more than sure most of them don't think like you.
"Yanks", "Poms", "Kiwis" are all stereotyped by Australians - so what? Are you saying Americans don't stereotype Aussies?

I'm used to Aussie forums where everyone actually knows how to spell, Dan, that's why it irritates me when I'm at forums like this and webhosts don't know how to spell. I could have posted in every thread where there's bad spelling -instead I posted a rant/topic so there's no need for people to feel harassed/flamed. As I said earlier, it looks very unprofessional.

"Yanks", "Poms", "Kiwis" are all stereotyped by Australians - so what? Are you saying Americans don't stereotype Aussies?

I'm used to Aussie forums where everyone actually knows how to spell, Dan, that's why it irritates me when I'm at forums like this and webhosts don't know how to spell. I could have posted in every thread where there's bad spelling -instead I posted a rant/topic so there's no need for people to feel harassed/flamed. As I said earlier, it looks very unprofessional.

Actually i never stereotyped an "Aussies" before. As i said before you can't just go and generalize "Americans" as a whole for stereotyping you. Spelling is a big turn off for a potential client, however it is ONLY up to the client to decide wither or not to chose this host.

Web host is two words. :fangel:

You must remember that this forum caters for all nationalities and ESL people. Just leave them alone or do something constructive to help them since you are such an expert on the English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back