• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wierdiest Hosting Company Names.

ChangAdam

Hi, tell names of hosting companies that have wierd names.

i must tell that my hosting name is wierd

it's: Incest Power Branding

The most wierd of it is the Incest Part,i think everyone knows what Incest is,right?.

I think wierd can be good, it gives you a unique name that people dont have. It also sticks in your mind.

I think that words like incest or rape don't really give a positive image about a hosting company (or any other kind of company, for that matter), and I really wouldn't want people to whom they appeal as customers anyway. I'd bet that the word incest in this case has a negative impact on sales.

Last edited:
I actully come across several good domain names for hosting companies (2 words, 8 letters, with the word "host") but passed on them because the keywords have negative connotation. It *might* sound cool to some, but on the whole, people won't go with a business called "crap" or "sick", eh?

I think if I started one, I'd like to call it "Goat---- Industries", just to see if I'd get any customers who weren't from the South. Or New Zealand.

Blank Verse said:
I think if I started one, I'd like to call it "Goat---- Industries", just to see if I'd get any customers who weren't from the South. Or New Zealand.

Thanks to South Park etc. you might get a whole bunch of teens as customers. :p

Last edited:
That's really the worst name to call your company :) I like a good unique host name. Not something like Best Hositng, or Top Host, or Super Hosting, that kind of stuff. A good name can impact sales.

Ciao

Hi, tell names of hosting companies that have wierd names.

i must tell that my hosting name is wierd

it's: Incest Power Branding

The most wierd of it is the Incest Part,i think everyone knows what Incest is,right?.
When I saw this thread title, I immediately thought of your hosting company. I saw your ad offer yesterday in the Ads & Offers forums, and I was mildly interested for a few seconds until I saw your host's name. Incest? Really? That's disgusting! I understand wanting a unique name, but that's just sick. At least your domain name is 'ipbultra.com' -- you still have a chance to change your host's name.

*drops his goat and throws it behind some bushes* Hey! Us Southerners find that offensive!

Yeah,I cant say Id give my credit card, address, and name to any company with Incest in the name

There's a place near where I work called Millhouse Carpet. I love Millhouse Carpet :p

millhouse.jpg

There was a run on animal names at one stage, but can't think of them now as they no longer advertise :p kitty and cow are only two I can think of OTOH, but I guess it wasn't brandable and they went the way of the majority of wannabes.

I* named my Hosting Incest because i want to be a uniqe hosting wich uses a unique Name :p i like funny stuffs =)

Back