• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Update .:. Blue Screen of Death

iLucas

NLC
NLC
I'm currently running Windows XP Home Edition, and attempted to download updates, from a clean install. I downloaded, and installed both, the optional updates and recommended updates.

I attempt to power my PC back on, and get an IRQ error.

Has anyone else run into that same issue? I would've thought they had everything straightened out by now.

No, it's not a physical issue. I reinstalled the O/S, didn't download updates, and it's running great.

I don't know exactly what the message said, though.

My Update on Vista doesn't even work...it fails every update. So it can't really fix the problem for the update because the update doesn't install it..

You should try to update it with only the critical updates only dont upgrade hardware etc drivers because it could be a driver thats causing your system to go bonkers.

If it happens again, post the error here - that will help tremendously in diagnosing what went wrong.

I formated my computer also last night and got the blue screen of death while trying to install my webcam drivers. Physical memory dump apparently.

hahhaah, this is y when i use winxp, i just install the windows from the CD and din go for any patch updates.

most of the patch give u more problem when u patch it.
this kind of thing happened since win9x.

i think it is enough if u just installed ur winxp sp2, do not do any patch update. unless u r running a server with win2k3.

amyb u have software on it thats not compatible... video and sound drivers would be where i would start first...

Back