• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Vista Sleep/Resume BSOD

Corazu

GO HABS GO
NLC
Has anyone experienced this..from what I can tell it's a widespread issue; I can't find any concrete knowledge on if a fix is available or not.

Basically when I sleep my computer, on resume it comes back and then BSOD's on me. I end up having to reboot which beats the point of sleep...

No, but if I put my laptop to sleep with the power plugged in and the battery in at the same time, then open the lid, the screen won't turn on.

BSOD issues are usually memory related, try a memtest or something.

I have the exact same problem xD I thought i was the only one, lol.

That's why i don't put to sleep my PC -_-

I never have this problem with my Vista PC (Vista Ultimate), I put it on sleep say in the day if I need to go out, 2 hours later come back and it loads back up perfectly.

Just make sure your fully updated, or phone Microsoft Support or something :)

my misses gets the screen won't turn on problem, just a little _ flashing in top left corner, that's on an older laptop. I dont though and I use mine a lot more than her, it sleeps several times a day ....

maybe its not related to vista but your laptop, maybe a search of the manufacturers site for vista supported or driver updates might work ....

It can't be a hardware problem. It could be something in the WINDOWS directory, just make sure your fully updated :)

This is a brand new Vista Home Premium x64 desktop. Fully upgraded with SP1. Updates installed daily.

:(

Mine is a Windows Vista OEM Home Premium, Upgraded to SP1 and that happens also. (The BSOD thing).

Just a possible :)

When BIOS's go bad! or MS Power Management - again!

Resume and hibernate don't like each other in general, check power settings to see if it's enabled, Vista likes to go to sleep rather than power off or suspend, more checks.

Check your BIOS too and see what it's set at for power management/saving.

Really no machine now should hang/crash/bsod for any of the power management, but usually only if they're configured for the options available properly (i.e. a corp build that takes sleep and hibernate out altogether to allow suspend to work)

I have SP1 and I just have the occasional the screen won't turn on till about a minute later of tapping on the keys.

a computer tech I know says there is an issue with the SP1 - saying it doesn't seem to mesh well all the time. He said it was a more hit and miss, sometimes it would mesh right, sometimes not. I am not sure if they fixed this yet, but that may be the problem. See if you can find the SP1 again and re-install that upgrade. See if that helps. If not, I'd consider contacting Microsoft.

Hm, its x64 :( no wonder. I use x32, er, why not downgrade to x32? You won't turn back :p

I can't use all my RAM with x32; plus I'll likely see somewhat of a bonus as time goes on in regards to performance, with some programs at least.

More than 3GB

You'd be surprised how many people aren't aware of that little setback. We all imagine having a system with 8 gigs of ram or whatever, but no one wants to move to 64 bit.

PS: sleep works fine on mine now. Must have been a glitch or something.

How much ram could you possibly have lol

Currently running 4GB; once I have my two other monitors (or possibly after the first one) I'm upgrading with another 4GB (for 8GB total).

To answer: mostly just because I can.. on the flipside; I program so I could see that actually coming into benefit at points (I like multi-tasking too) :p

I'll test sleep again..also going to try the bios to see if maybe there is a conflict. It isn't a huge deal since my boot isn't too bad, but I liked how the sleep/resume was completely instantaneous...

Back