• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Woops you murdered English.

The English language is one of the hardest to learn due to so many 'not quite clear' usages.

For example it has to, too, two all pronounced 2, mine is it yours or somewhere they dig coal out of or get diamonds from?

Unfortunately England has no actual language, it's cobbled together out of all the invading forces languages making it pretty, well like it is. Latin, Germanic, etc.. all in there :)

Because the United States is currently the only recognized world superpower, and we speak English.

By whom would this be recognised? :)

Don't forget - your over there by virtue of incoming. The area actually has a native language too, or rather several.

And in the UK there are versions of the English language but the only native ones are several versions of Gaelic (Scottish is pronounced like garlic, Welsh and Irish the other way) and Doric are the main ones.

Never be too sure of your roots unless you can dig down 1,000ft and find your families photo albums.

I read the first line and stopped, well a bit of the first line.

A decade ago, a number of American scholars were engaged in a debate over whether the United States

Self promotion, if it had been a number of Eskimos and Native Americans and Gothic Penguins then ok.

Super Powers are gone, busted, defunct, any more words you'd like me to add?

I have a great deal of respect for every nation, USA is in the top 10 due to the people I've met personally, but is is seriously time to sit on the comfy chair and lose the S.P. thing. That bit's over it's all old.

Co-Operative nations, might actually ring a bit better. Politicians might like Super-Power (sounds more like an energy bar) but individuals (remember them) don't.

Understandable, but the point that I'm trying to make is that the US has, undoubtedly, the most political and economical influance on the globe as a whole, more so than any other nation.

Didn't get the inbetween post, just hadn't appeared, if you want to go for WWII then who won?

And the British Empire, about 1900 maybe.
Following WWII, the Brittish empire transformed itself into all of the territories
Honestly still not sure what that refers to. Territories?

And, sorry I have to use the phrase 'hehehehehe' there is no such thing as a superpower anymore.

Used to be US and USSR - GB/UK whatever was never in it, simply due to land mass. China however never got considered, the old population and everyone throws a potato and were buried, still rings true.

Super powers are in the mind of the politicians that love to make you feel better (usually fail) - commerce is a relative thing when you are bigger you can fall further, US is due to fall along with everyone else.

While all the suits are shaking hands guess what's happening...

And seriously Charles the US has a very fragile economy, well covered up but on an edge.

Last edited:
Don't even have to read the wiki articles Ben the ends to the links kind of says it, huge list of political fook ups.
If it wasn't for the human costs I'd rate them all as PR exercises.

Don't even have to read the wiki articles Ben the ends to the links kind of says it, huge list of political fook ups.
If it wasn't for the human costs I'd rate them all as PR exercises.

I was going more for the 'unchecked aggression' and 'imperialist tactics' part. But yeah, a lot of political ---- ups, too.

Back