• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would like to request who left rep enabled

deeplist

Entrepreneur
NLC
I'd like to request this feature. I am sure many others do to. Can you PLEASE enable the option to see who leaves reputation comments? It's ridiculous that we can't see, and I fail to understand why it's disabled. Below is a perfect example:

6rhbts.png

What is the point of that?

Just your own. For some reason FWS will not let you see who left the rep for yourself. Other forums do, so I fail to see what the big deal is.

I know that, but it doesn't show WHO left the comments. That's what I would like to see enabled.

I can see that it was some newb-fail because it didn't even count, but it still would be nice to know WHO left it... as well as any others.

I too, saw some -rep attempts on me before, but they are unable to -rep and only a grey rep added to my total rep points.
It seems like those who usually like to -rep people without reasons, are those newbies who do not accept advice from us, and try to -rep us.

Still would be nice to know WHO leaves rep comments regardless of whether their + - or neutral because of being a newb.

I believe it was done so there is no rep flame war. If you know who neg repped you, you would just go give them negative rep for the reason that they gave you negative rep.

I believe it was done so there is no rep flame war. If you know who neg repped you, you would just go give them negative rep for the reason that they gave you negative rep.

I don't see a issue with this. If they're going to give out negative reputation for no reason other then to spite you, why shouldn't you be able to give the same negative reputation back in spades?

I mean, look at this:

Screenshot-2011-10-15_01.08.48.png

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...comming-soon-androidvps&p=1152524#post1152524

How did that post deserve a negative rep?

As I mentioned in another such thread, some of you might be very surprised to see who gave you a -rep. Having it enabled might destoy friendships ;)

I don't see a issue with this. If they're going to give out negative reputation for no reason other then to spite you, why shouldn't you be able to give the same negative reputation back in spades?

I mean, look at this:

Screenshot-2011-10-15_01.08.48.png

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...comming-soon-androidvps&p=1152524#post1152524

How did that post deserve a negative rep?

LOL. The reason is just a dot?
How many rep points is that -rep?
I thought I had those -rep which is weird enough, but din expect yours is more weird.
LOL

As I mentioned in another such thread, some of you might be very surprised to see who gave you a -rep. Having it enabled might destoy friendships ;)

So what? "Destory friendships?" If people are aware that their username is viewable when the leave rep, they won't be so inclined to leave a -rep with something stupid as the comment, such as the example Tyler showed above.

I really don't see the purpose for having the poster's username hidden.

I have to agree with Deep here. If people knew that their name was going to be listed, then they are less likely to leave -rep for little reason in fear of retaliation for giving -rep for some obscure reason. I have had several posts -repped with comments like "stfu noob" on a thread that said:
Just because you pay for hosting will not guarantee fast impeccable service. There are several hosts that have given great service, rival to any paid provider out there (and yes I have had both paid and free hosting)

2 I will plug freely are Namepad and Paradox Servers, the former Cpanel, latter Direct Admin.

or "knobjob" on this post
EDIT Boy I would love to know who bad repped me for this post. And I will quote the rep as well: "stfu noob"

So whomever the knob was that repped me negative for saying that just because you pay for hosting doesnt mean you get better service, perhaps you should take your own advise and stfu, as it is evident you have no clue what you are talking about.
when the rep was given well over a year after the post was made.

Rep comments with nothing more then a "." on something that doesnt remotely require any rep whatsoever is certainly not beneficial to the forum.

I dont think rep wars would be a result, primarily with the reasons listed before. As for friends, I would tend to think that friends would discuss openly their disagreement, not toss a -rep to someone.

I'm kind of curious -- why don't you want to enable this feature Jan? It seems like the majority of the (currently) active community wants it enabled, or at the very least won't mind it being enabled. If you're that concerned about past reputation casting a negative light on a few people, why not do a complete wipe of the reputation and start from scratch with the username visible?

The community makes the forum -- the least you could do in my personal opinion is explain why you don't want it being enabled when virtually everyone is requesting it due to reputation abuse.

Back