• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would like to request who left rep enabled

Has there been a official decision regarding enabling this feature yet?

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses and apologies for my late reply. FWS has been my first experience with a repping system. I like the little green dots, and it is fun to receive feedback, but on the scale of priorities for the Website, is it really that justifiable? I'd say one could pick up almost immediately how good a person is with posting. All one needs to do is look at the post count and the quality of the post and one would know almost straight away whether it is a quality poster.

I'd also say that some of the green dots could be misleading as obviously the longer one posts, the more green dots one would accumulate, maybe the assessment should be for a 12-month period, instead of years, i.e. the reps should always be for the last 12 months instead of indefinitely?

maybe the assessment should be for a 12-month period, instead of years, i.e. the reps should always be for the last 12 months instead of indefinitely?

It doesn't work like that. You can't expect them to rewrite vB's source code. And for the 12 months thing... this isn't eBay feedback. All we want is the rep poster's username to be visible when rep is left.

It's likely that it will change, yes. But there's no final decision on if, when and how. I'm busy dealing with some more important issues at the moment, so it might take some time. Sorry about that.

If Peo gives the go ahead, I will enable it on a trial basis. If it causes too many problems, we will revert back to the way it was.

Back