• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[XP] My network connection has been limited

Skribblez

Hello guys,

I've recently installed Spy Bot and Tea Timer and it has somehow made changes to the startup and in effect, my network connection has been limited! :confused4 and my broadband isn't working anymore.

My network connection is still limited somehow, it shows an exclamation mark on the network connection icon in the tray, and when I repair the connection it says:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Renewing your IP address"

Does anyone know how I can fix my connection and take off that stupid limitation?

(My computers are using broadband through a router)

Last edited:
Gayble said:
Hello guys,

I've recently installed Spy Bot and Tea Timer and it has somehow made changes to the startup and in effect, my network connection has been limited! :confused4 and my broadband isn't working anymore.

My network connection is still limited somehow, it shows an exclamation mark on the network connection icon in the tray, and when I repair the connection it says:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Renewing your IP address"

Does anyone know how I can fix my connection and take off that stupid limitation?

(My computers are using broadband through a router)

You might want to check that your NIC's IP address settings are intact.

Could be a hardware issue. Power down your modem (Remove power from the wall) for about 5 minutes, disable the connection in Windows Network Connections, then re-power the modem and enable the network connection.

Tell me how it goes.

I may be wrong, but try this.
Go to Start, then click on RUN
There type cmd or command
then type ipconfig/release and hit enter
then when you see that it has been released, type this, ipconfig/renew
if that does not work, then try it a few more times.
If it still does not work, unplug the electric cable from the modem, leave it off for a few minutes, restart your computer and then try it again.

It sounds crazy but it may work.

something simular happened to me once, what I had to do was
Go to Wireless Network Connections
Change order of preffered networks
Select "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" (Also check everything is in order)
Then wait for a few seconds (internet should start working but will stop in 5 mins for me :/)
Go back to change order of preferred networks
Unselect "Use windows...."

It's weird but it used to work for me :/

Roflcopter said:
something simular happened to me once, what I had to do was
Go to Wireless Network Connections
Change order of preffered networks
Select "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" (Also check everything is in order)
Then wait for a few seconds (internet should start working but will stop in 5 mins for me :/)
Go back to change order of preferred networks
Unselect "Use windows...."

It's weird but it used to work for me :/

Assuming he has a WLAN adapter...

If it's a wireless connection, it may be the location of your router in relation to your computer.

Any large metal objects or devices that operate at the same frequency as your router could disrupt your service. Not sure if you have a wireless or not. Tell me if you do.

Last edited:
Back