• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yipes and Congent

MATRIX

Internet Solutions
NLC
Hello, i want to know why FDC offer's Un-metered Bandwith with Congent and Yipes:)

This always confuses people new to hosting: UNMETERED DOESN'T MEAN UNLIMITED. They give you unmetered 10MBps. That means 10 Mbit per second. Calculate it out for every single second in a month: 3200 GB. They are selling 3200 GB Bandwidth. There.

Originally posted by shizzle
This always confuses people new to hosting: UNMETERED DOESN'T MEAN UNLIMITED. They give you unmetered 10MBps. That means 10 Mbit per second. Calculate it out for every single second in a month: 3200 GB. They are selling 3200 GB Bandwidth. There.

But i dont mean that i mean the Yipes connecttion is Un-metered or they are Paying for the Bandwith ?

Because Yipes and Cogent don't charge for data transfer. They charge for the bandwidth(speed) at a flat-rate.

Originally posted by Daniel
Because Yipes and Cogent don't charge for data transfer. They charge for the bandwidth(speed) at a flat-rate.

Oh, ok :p and the rates are cheap?:D

Originally posted by Moonman
www.cogentco.com Cogent has publicly released prices. With yipes you need to sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) before you receive any quotes.

I'm not 100% sure about Yipes NDA .. I was quoted a price for Yipes down here in Miami when we were originally thinking of doing our own mini-DC. It wasn't too expensive, but the cost to set it up wasn't worth it.

Originally posted by Robert
I'm not 100% sure about Yipes NDA .. I was quoted a price for Yipes down here in Miami when we were originally thinking of doing our own mini-DC. It wasn't too expensive, but the cost to set it up wasn't worth it.
Hmm well their you go, i was under the impression you needed to sign an NDA with Yipes. Meh. Their are some prices floating around on forums if you look hard enough, but it is a bit hard to tell you how accurate they are.

Hmm well their you go, i was under the impression you needed to sign an NDA with Yipes. Meh. Their are some prices floating around on forums if you look hard enough, but it is a bit hard to tell you how accurate they are.

Oh. Well, Thanks to all for your Help, and one more question Congent offer's 100Mbps for $1.000 with this 100Mbps how many GB of Datatransfer is Avaliable? and how many Server's can be connected ;)

10MBPS is give or take 3200GB, so 100MPBS is 32000 give or take. If you have somewhere where it is conected, you can place as many servers as your equipment handles, BUT, with the $1,000 a month one you cannot sell servers, or run an ISP off it. You must buy the $3,000/Month one to be able to sell services off it. The $1,000/Month is for personal use.

10MBPS is give or take 3200GB, so 100MPBS is 32000 give or take. If you have somewhere where it is conected, you can place as many servers as your equipment handles, BUT, with the $1,000 a month one you cannot sell servers, or run an ISP off it. You must buy the $3,000/Month one to be able to sell services off it. The $1,000/Month is for personal use.

Thanks for clarify this to me Moonman:D

Back