• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your connection speed?

mine sucks:(

1490kbps down | 77kbps up

what AT&T says i should get

1500kbps down | 128kbps up

Last edited:
Direct tv DSL says I should get the same yet I am connected at 1.2mbits and 166kbps up so don't worry. Somestimes when I check it is over 1.6 and is 64 up so it is not bad. It all depends on a lot of things

On my sat it wont work for some reason ..

so i downloaded a file from the net

3.65Mb/s download
2.46Mb/s Upload

i have a very cool sat connection now

:cool2:

i went for a up and down sat which is

up to 1000Mbit up
up to 1000Mbit down

Originally posted by guitarnerd

I think coolin was trying to figure out what the heck cdudeuk was saying,
sat=satellite

oh .. yeh

wtf did u think i meant coolin :confused2

By the way cdude that is a fast satellite connection. Most are around 1mbps some are as much as $800 bucks and only run at 512down. That is horrible :mad: Anyway, You probably couldn't connect cause of your ping time. Or just cause it won't work with satellite. Try using MSNs

Originally posted by guitarnerd
By the way cdude that is a fast satellite connection. Most are around 1mbps some are as much as $800 bucks and only run at 512down. That is horrible :mad: Anyway, You probably couldn't connect cause of your ping time. Or just cause it won't work with satellite. Try using MSNs

well my sat is down well they do upgrades ... but ...

gaming on quake3 i get a ping of 4 usually ... the delay doesn't affect me at all :confused2

Its infact super fast .. and no lag at all
:biggrin2:

My "WTF" was directed at the speed results.

I don't know of any satellite connection that can download over 2-3 megabytes a second.

Originally posted by Coolin

I don't know of any satellite connection that can download over 2-3 megabytes a second.

I second that. I never heard of a residential satellite connection that could do that. Maybe he misunderstood the results, instead of reading 200kb/s he read 2000kb/s.

Originally posted by Robert

I second that. I never heard of a residential satellite connection that could do that. Maybe he misunderstood the results, instead of reading 200kb/s he read 2000kb/s.

No ,

My sat has no real cap on it ...

i have a 2 x gbit ethernet to the sat box .. which means i can upload and download at up to gbit ... however the most i have ever got from the sat was

i think 38mbit down , 36mbit up

It is usually at 8mbit down , 1mbit up due to problems ... which is why they are now doing network upgrades :)

I went for a private company and i'm paying just over £300 per month

Originally posted by Coolin

Well there are some .. but its expensive :mad:

This is what my sattelite company says...
"we offer high speed sattelite internet connection with 1mbitsps down, with 8mbit bursts." So It could very well be over 2mbit the up speed usually around 256 with sattelite :rolleyes:

Back