• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your connection speed?

Originally posted by guitarnerd
This is what my sattelite company says...
"we offer high speed sattelite internet connection with 1mbitsps down, with 8mbit bursts." So It could very well be over 2mbit the up speed usually around 256 with sattelite :rolleyes:

Haha :biggrin2:

Sucker :D

I get no "fixed" speed .... its just as much as is available

Just think .. if no other people are on the sat ... i get full use of a 10gbit sat

1gbit up and down at same time ....

but what would i download and upload :confused2

Unless there is a cloud in the way :D

lol

Weather doesn't affect the signal thankgod :biggrin2:

living in the UK .. if weather affected it i would have about 1% access :biggrin2:

cdude: When did you get the sat? 2 Days ago, you still were using 56k. :confused2

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

what connection do u have at home though :confused2

i think i have the best :biggrin2:

I have ADSL at home...but I can always route the dual t3s my way. :D

Originally posted by DCI
cdude: When did you get the sat? 2 Days ago, you still were using 56k. :confused2

I've had it ages .... i use my 56k for surfing ...

remember i said i had about £300 to spend on ADSL :confused2

Well in thiery i could get rid of my sat connection and get 8mb/s adsl if i wanted to ... but adsl wont be in my area for ages ... so i'm keeping my sat :classic2:

Also ... my connection is being upgraded :biggrin2:

it will have a min of 8mbit both ways :cool: and a max of 1000mbit both ways

Do you mind giving me the URL of this company that offers 8000/8000 satellite connection for roughly $400USD/Monthly.

Thank You.

Also.. how much do you pay a month for it?

Last edited:
My dad's work has sattelite but it is different, he has satellites in his office that send the signal to a local antenna. Which is right down the street. He normally gets DSL down speeds and about 1.5mb up that is $375 a month. But the company they get it through is upgarding there sytem so they will have 3mbps up and down. All satellite connections are effected by weather.

All satellite connections are effected by weather.

That is 110% bullshit. Then how come my TV has picture-perfect images during the massive '97 Ice Storm that hit hard here?? EXPLAIN ME THAT??

Originally posted by Daniel
That is 110% bullshit. Then how come my TV has picture-perfect images during the massive '97 Ice Storm that hit hard here?? EXPLAIN ME THAT??
It affected ur reception.

During the Ice Storm... Didn't u see that really small pixel at the top right corner of your TV seem a bit odd in colour when you stare at it? It's sorta lighter than the rest.

Storms don't affect my satellite dish, except for the times when we get wet, heavy snow and it sticks to the damn thing blocking the reception.

Originally posted by Robert
Do you mind giving me the URL of this company that offers 8000/8000 satellite connection for roughly $400USD/Monthly.

Thank You.

They do not support US customers :biggrin2:

Only UK in yellow pages :)

Originally posted by Robert

Thank You.

Well at the moment i'm paying just over £300 + VAT .. but the speeds are not always extreamly fast .. sometimes dips to a couple of mbit ... so i'm having my account upgraded to min 8mbit both ways ...

it will probally increase my fee by 200%

And did i tell you it cost £750 + VAT for the dish and software :mad:

I can give you a url of a company like the one i'm using :biggrin2:

http://www.skydsl.de/skydsl/gb/

not sure if they support the USA though :biggrin2: not even sure if there is a data-transfer limit ... :confused:

Last edited:
What is all this crap I read that you have to have a dial-up ISP??? Don't tell me it is one of those one way things, cause I can get sattelite with the same speed here, but you still need dial up service for you up stream, it is only about $20 a month and no equipment charge.

I removed about 3 pages of garbage from this thread. Please keep on topic from now on and bicker via PM/Email.

Back