• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Meksilon

The Australian response to asylum seekers

Hi guys, I've been quite dismayed at the Australian asylum seeker policy, and when I read the refugee convention for myself the other day, it has been the tipping point. For those of you who don't know, on Friday Kevin Rudd (prime minister of Australia), announced a new policy: that asylum...
  2. Meksilon

RichWP FrameWork - Premium WordPress Theme - FREE!

I just downloaded my copy so I thought I'd share it with you all! Very good theme, I manage a website that uses this theme - now I have my own copy! Free!! Link Here. Only catch is that you'll be signed up to his mailing list -no great hardship! :D
  3. Meksilon

Disney Star Wars

About time Lucas sold Lucasfilm. Disney, I'm not thrilled about, but hey at least now we have a decent chance of seeing the original trilogy released unaltered on Bluray (one can only hope). As for new movies, well, I'm not convinced this is a good idea until I see it. What would the story...
  4. Meksilon

Doctor Who mid-season finale

SPOILERS ahead. These spoilers concern every episode in this season up to and including episode 5 "The Angels Take Manhattan". Okay, so when Matt Smith took over as doctor I mentioned about the unusual dates in the first episode, we've now come full-circle to rhet rather obvious and...
  5. Meksilon

Php seo

Okay, one simple idea. <?php $qstring = stripslashes($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']); if($qstring == '')$robots = '<meta name="robots" content="index,follow,noarchive" />'; else $robots = '<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow,noarchive" />'; echo $robots; ?> So if you have...
  6. Meksilon

Xhtml

Now I'm nearing completion of a pure XHTML website, I thought I'd talk about it for a moment. Most websites do not use real XHTML. They simply use HTML with an XHTML doctype. What's the difference? Well here's the normal HTML doctype we all know: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD...
  7. Meksilon

Global Warming is not Anthropogenic

If anyone would like to debate me on this, here is your opportunity. Here are the facts. Human activity has contributed to the rise in CO2 levels over the last 150 years or so. This increase, however, is also somewhat attributed to nature as the ocean is no longer "absorbing" as much CO2...
  8. Meksilon

Proof of Concept for Church Website

I've been asked to provide feedback for upgrading our existing Parish website. It is located here. As you can clearly see it looks horrible. I decided that it's better just to create a proof of concept rather than just say "this is what we need it needs to be a WordPress website", because...
  9. Meksilon

Will mr Physics please stand up?

That's you, Richard. :welcome: I have started an entire series on Physics on my blog. I have not plagiarized any material; I hate plagiarism. You may recall I said: I have done so in my most recent post QM prediction fails! This is your chance to discuss all things physics. As it's one of my...
  10. Meksilon

Saw 3D

I saw Saw 3D tonight. I would have liked to have seen it last night on opening night as I have with most of the Saw's, but hey better late than never. I never got to see Saw I in cinemas, I hadn't even heard of it until it was on DVD - but at least since then I have seen all the sequels on the...
  11. Meksilon

Was the Port Arthur Massacre a conspiracy?

Was Martin Bryant really responsible for the deaths of 35 people? I've looked at the facts surrounding this case off-and-on for over 10 years now. I've reported on them in a rather comprehensive blog entry (just see my blog), but for anyone who's interested in discussing it, I think some of...
  12. Meksilon

What is it with technology?

Am I missing something or is Bluray the most useless format ever invented? It can't be used unencrypted - so no making your own discs, it can't be played back on PC without loading the entire architecture, so no opening .AVI/MKV/MP4 (etc) in your favourite player and playing it directly, and...
  13. Meksilon

Credit Cards Online

I’ve just finished a second online payment for goods online from an online service online. My second in two weeks – in fact there are few online places that I like now – I guess online business is slowly – but steadily – growing. I find it funny that on both of these two occasions the online...
  14. Meksilon

Wii - emulation

After getting back into my Wii (after having it off for more than a year), I'm really enjoying some of the great new games, as well as the emulators (although I must update them). I've noticed now that I bought a VGA cable that Nintendo's own versions are not as good, I just wish Wii64 would be...
  15. Meksilon

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

The films are remarkable, and it is certainly an interesting - and troubling - case. Bill Clinton These boys didnt get a fair trial. They got picked for wearing black clothes and having long hair. I am fundamentally opposed to the death penalty, and as Lenny Bruce said, In the halls of...
  16. Meksilon

Prison Break Vs 24

A few short years ago (2006) I discovered both TV series at the same time... 24: Season 5 and Prison Break season 1. Sutherland spends 90% of the show on the phone. Miller's "trademark" look (also known as "Blue Steel"). Since that time stars from both series have actually ended up...
  17. Meksilon

$9.24 = domain name + hosting for 1 year

:welcome: Don't believe me? I couldn't resisit. Act quick... offer expires within hours (apparantly) http://dreamhost.com/
  18. Meksilon

Terminator "Salvation"?

SPOILERS AHEAD. Wow, well I recently saw the remake of Last House on the Left - a film who's plot has nothing whatsoever to do with its title - I can't say I was surprised at how bad the remake was, but I can say that seeing the quality of the Hills Have Eyes remake I was expecting better...
  19. Meksilon

Does anyone else think it's weird that 24 is set in November 2007? 2008 would have made a little more sense...
  20. Meksilon

Require 100-200MB Hosting for up to 3 months

My requirements: 1. 100-200MB space. 2. No ads, or posting. 3. FTP Upload access. 4. Host 2 domains. I will be transferring to paid hosting, but I need to first get plamdi.com back up (I have a complete upload-ready backup copy), and my other site ready. I need the space, mainly...
Back