• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIckie as you know I have been trying my level best to ascertain the exact details
of what has happened. Having obtained them from two points of view, I will summarise here:

--------

As aside notes:

In February Decker is notified of the move, we set up vps on other node and allow him to run both until
end of billing cycle out of courtesy.By the end of that cycle, and indeed another cycle
later, he has yet to move, therefore costing us $72 in fees waived for the new product.

While it is true that on the 30th of March the cpanel lisence was canceled, the client (Decker or his associates) failed
to inform ourselves or the dc of this in any way. While this is not ideal (and is not a complete excuse),
it is the reply we recieved from the dc when we attempted to fight Decker's corner.

--------

Decker attempts to complete the move to the new vps (through an employee) in early april, however is
unable to do so because cpanel has disappeared. However even at that point we were not
alerted of the problem. (I fully understand that the admin may not have been able to contact us
and that decker was away, so that one was no-ones fault really.)

Decker then returns the day after his invoice for the vps in nynoc is due. He pays
the full amount on the 8th of april (The second day since contract anniversairy).
He also submits a ticket regarding the absence of his vps on the afternoon of the 8th.

However, owing to the fact that it was never agreed that the next months fees (3rd set) for the
OTHER vps (the one he would be moving to) would be waived. Shequeita was forced to reply
to the open ticket, enquiring where the funds from the invoice should be allocated (having
assumed he would not make us wait another month with an idling vps it was only sensible to ask)

Although he then replied the next day clarifying where the money should be sent to, he then also
filed a PP dispute. As is standard practice, stephen (COO) advised him that he would wait for
Shequeita to return to deal with the PP dispute ( However he did investigate and inform Decker as
to the probable status of the vps).

Since the PP dispute was not resolved, all transactions relating to that account were not
unfrozen, and as a result (as per the nynoc policy). Decker's vps was terminated on the 13th of
April. Neither GR nor nynoc is in violation of their TOS in this instance.

--------

While I feel for you here Rick, having reviewed the facts, I can't honestly say that Geekrack is guilty of more
than somewhat poor communication. It appears that both parties are at fault here and neither may be blamed.
Frustratingly I took the bit between my teeth only on the 14th of april, at which point it was too late.

I reckon your best bet is to hound the nynoc (I'll happily be the go-between, representing geekrack) on grounds
that non-payment was justified in light of not providing cpanel for the full length of the month. I have to
say your chances aren't great as thenynoc are tricky at the best of times, but Its worth a shot.

Im just personally sorry I couldn't do more mate,:( I hope you can admit that geekrack has now shown that it has
done its reasonable duties in this instance - and that we can draw this thread to a close. However do get in touch
with me via gtalk if you want to have a look at that other option or talk through this further. ;)

P.S. I have all relevant logs, tickets, reciepts, invoices and verifications etc .... available to me. In the interest of a
post of sensible length, I have excluded them. If you have a justified interest please do Pm me and I will make as much as
appropriate available to you.

Nicely created.

Shequeita

Posted On: 09 Apr 2008 11:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rickie,

Can you please advise me as to which VPS cPanel has expired. I did notice a payment from you as of yesterday that was one being a e-check and one a normal payment. Please let me know which one you are having troubles with and i will get this ironed out for you.

Regards,

-------------------
Shequeita Hall
Chief Executive Officer
Geek Rack Technologies, LLC.
www.geekrack.net
shequeita@geekrack.net
1-800-956-7516 x925

Only communication from said Shequeita, no enquiry as to which VPS to pay the funds to only a response to ticket.

I was late she was missing, that was the first delay explained to response.

Sorry but no, a well written by comittee post doesn't hit it - to long in the tooth for that my friend, and just after I'd logged off after being logged on for so long to both sites, hmm.

I used 1 VPS, was never formally told I had to move, had to get the 'alternate' from support tickets when it died, then had to sort a migration which had glitches.

So - is the data available or not?

Please do send those logs, etc to me to compare, I did ask earlier but there was no reply to the request.

Oh the account and all details is opened in seperate windows as is the ticket in case it should 'disappear' as apparently at least one has done before.

Now I'm going to bed for the night it's only 1:25am so early for me recently dealing with this. Back up at 6am again as I've had to be recently.

Hello,

Since I know I am not the only person who feels the way I do I will retype this but in a less vulgar language..

let me start by saying AMC, MTC and all you other GeekRack staff need to but out you all know nothing of the situation or the situation in a business matter.

The next time I see any of you say the statement "Your have to contact (OURRESELLINGDATACENTER) to get this corrected" you better watch out because I personally will jump up and down your reply. You are the responsible company. The data center and the Client are not connected to each other. They are connected to you. YOU (GEEKRACK) is responsible.

This frustrates me to no end just on that.. Its enough to go crazy, as I'm already getting extremely pissed again thinking over this thread.

I have sat here watching this community talk back and forth. Let me show you guys (GEEKRACK) the crap your saying and how its going against what you say the next time..

The first issue is your statement "WERE LOOKING INTO IT" Stop with the bulls**t. Your not even caring about this customer. A Well respected member of this community. This shouldn't make a difference but when this is going over 2 weeks on a community your name is at danger because your screwing around people.

No lets really look at this again, your terms of service states the following in case MTC you don't know it as you seem not to know anything anyways:

2. Payments and Fees: Establishment of this service(s) is dependent upon receipt by the Company of payment of stated charges. All accounts and services provided by Geek Rack Networks are subject to the current tax rate where applicable according to taxes imposed by the County of Denver, State of Colorado and the State. Service(s) to accounts over due past 2 days will be put on hold and will lead to disruption of service. A reconnect fee of $100.00 shall be levied on accounts put on hold for non-payment. Account(s) not paid by due date are subject to a $25.00 late fee. An account put on hold or disruption of service due to non- payment is not grounds for non-payment and may be grounds for Geek Rack Networks to terminate this agreement. The Subscriber(s) is responsible for such accrued amount plus interest besides the collection fees Accounts that are not collectible by Geek Rack Networks may be turned over to an outside collection agency for collection. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay Geek Rack Networks a "Processing and Collection" Fee of not less than $50 and not more than $250. If you desire to cancel your account, please follow the proper procedure to do this as outlined in this TOS. Your account will be billed on the anniversary date of your account setup.

So let me see... It shows umm 2 days late... Yep Decker and yourself confirmed he was 1 day late. 1 FRIGGING DAY!!! Who the hell requested to have his server terminated.

Now thats over, who the hell terminated the cpanel license early. That seems to have been canceled before the due date if I recall (decker and decker only please confirm).

This is getting long and I'm sorry mod who wont be mentioned, I cannot recall everything.. but let me put it this way. GeekRack owner stop hiring these frigging children. Yep Children.. I am saying this because you all are trying to be big shots, claim this and claim that.. but the truth your all causing more damage. Fire the kids, pay decker back and pack the hell up. You don't deserve to be a company if this is how you treat people.

I know companies have bad times.. Hey I have had them to, but I have made mine right within a fair period, before a paypal dispute was placed. Not 14 days or longer after!

I would also like to mention to MTC and AMC and who ever else things working at GR is worth it, I wont recommend posting here, I will see to it, that I comment to all your posts regarding your actions in a professional manner to all clients. And not just here. I have connections at all Major hosting review sites, and communities, I will insure my voice is heard.

Decker has been nice, I am straight pissed your taking his niceness for granted its unfair. GET THIS RESOLVED!

Your all lucky I'm relaxed because this was way worse the first time. And Mods and community, I'm sorry I know this has nothing to do with me, but I'm pissed, Decker is being to nice, and I'm sick of seeing people being walked over.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

LSComputers please do not tell me to but out of anything. Courtesy of several hours spent talking to relevant parties, I would say I know as much as anyone about this case. Infact I feel that I'm probably more relevant to solving Deckers problem than yourself, so unless you are here to offer constructive advice or comment on a discrepency in my post, then perhaps you should take your own advice.

I also like and respect decker and would love to see this resolved. Im doing my best.

@Decker: I havent just been the mouthpiece for a 'written by committee' post, I had to talk to Shequeita a bit to get my facts right but I would have thought you know me better than that. :(

Ill Gather together all the relevant files and send them on to you. Also, please reply to my PM ;)

Last edited:
WoW, i avioded this thread for a while, it was just a ---- fight, but now i think im all caught up again, but who knows, i still may have the wrong idea.

IMO you both have messed up in different ways, Decker for the late payment, but the GeekRacks mistake / policy in this situation seems too terrible to even be true!

If your company is changing nodes, and you are forcing the customer to follow to the new node, you have no right to attempt to charge the customer for the move, or for the use of 2 VPS simoutaniously during the move. Thats just a pathetic :S

If this is indeed part of what has happened, then i feel dam sorry for anyone involved in this move.
If not, then ill STFU and let your fight continue..

ROUND 3....

FIGHT!!!!!

GeekRack needs to get some staff that know how to run a hosting company..
This issue should of been resolved 3 days ago.

LSComputers please do not tell me to but out of anything. Courtesy of several hours spent talking to relevant parties, I would say I know as much as anyone about this case. Infact I feel that I'm probably more relevant to solving Deckers problem than yourself, so unless you are here to offer constructive advice or comment on a discrepency in my post, then perhaps you should take your own advice.

I also like and respect decker and would love to see this resolved. Im doing my best.

@Decker: I havent just been the mouthpiece for a 'written by committee' post, I had to talk to Shequeita a bit to get my facts right but I would have thought you know me better than that. :(

Ill Gather together all the relevant files and send them on to you. Also, please reply to my PM ;)

Hey AMC, Im not saying you dont know anything, but you and all staff at GR use the famous line:

" I dont have access to that" or "I cannot help with that"

So why bother posting, your not the owner, your not an public relations staff (which im surprised with all the over used names being shared none of you have that) so dont post, let the owner post so her name is the one damaged not urs.

I agree -- out of respect for all their customers and Decker.. Where is Shequeita and the owners? Why have they not posted a response?

Why are they not commincating directly with Decker?(it seems they are not) Why are people that are receiving the information second hand handling this issue?

I am just wondering how many others are being treated this way that haven't come public.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved soon.

Adam

I was never asked, I did not nor do not have two accounts.

Sorry to be so blunt here but this is a bold face lie. You where advised back in February of the move and both consented to this as well just for your records please view ticket id FBX-404398. I have posted a screen shot below as well. At the beginning of your thread you acknowledged the move and there was a second vps that you where moving to and now you totally deny it?

As far as I know that the delays will have allowed the NYNOC to delete the account and all data, this is what I find most unacceptible - now you get your arse over here and learn what I know on the way for 2 weeks and sort it with my clients if you want to keep butting in with no solutions.

You are correct, your delay in payment is what allowed them to terminate this account. You where due on the 6th you made payment on the 8th. Or is this incorrect as well?

Maybe you think

Ticket ID: YDH-750518 Department: VPS Support
Created On: 08 Apr 2008 04:16 PM Last Update: 12 Apr 2008 02:34 AM

Is acceptible in any circumstance?

I'm loosing sleep, not eating, had to go back to a hospital appointment today as yesterday my blood pressure was to high to do the tests.

Solution suggestions?

Hugo asked that he be able to mediate this if you will, i then approved him to do so. He was very thorough and complete in his investigations that where performed. He also maintained contact with you via gtalk and has showed me the logs of what you where advised.

As we stated before you never advised us of your move being completed at all. Almost 2 months is frankly an obscenely amount of time to get things moved over. I'm not saying that we havent done anything wrong, as you have seen other staff members say the same thing. Was there a break in communication absolutely! The day you emailed me and opened your PP dispute was the date that i was not online due to a death in the family.

Additionally we have been more than understanding throughout this entire ordeal with you and your issue that prevented you from moving to the new container that you where assigned. So its only natural for me to assume that you have completed the move by the end of this billing cycle. Hence, why i asked you within the ticket which way payments are being applied etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I am mistaken.

But did GeekRack just post images of one of their clients details? :S

I -think- anything sensitive was blacked out?

Yep, who cares if somethings blacked out, thats sensitive information none the less especially going against there terms of service... Im sorry this is getting better now, the owner posts information that should never reach the community.

Not to mention they upload it to ImageShack so now others have his information even if the link is removed from the thread :(.

The images have been removed. The only details that were shared that were personally identifiable was a last name. Still more than I would want shared with this message board, and likely a breach of their Privacy Policy.

We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:

# a person or company who acquires our business;
# third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential;

I understand that this is a breach in our TOS, and Im sure Shequeita did not intend it. However, I do feel that people have now become determined to ignore/discredit any points/evidence we come up with, in favour of decker.

I understand that he is a well respected member of the community (and damn deservedly), however this shouldnt cloud anyones Judgement. I appreciate what he must be going through, and tried damn hard to keep him informed of the situation when i got involved (courtesy of being a 'mate' I thought).

However, as a direct result of my interest in the case and my position at geekrack, I came to understand (as much as anyone) the problems that had arisen. I therefore drafted (for the benefit of the company i work with, the community I enjoy being a part of - and a guy I respect) a report which attempted to explain the situation.

I didn't say we had done nothing wrong, I just said that both parties were at fault. I also suggested that geekrack had to a large extent fulfilled its reasonable duties, but as Decker was still unhappy he should get in touch so we could discuss a final resolution.

------

This didnt seem to satisfy many, so you asked for the Owner shequeita, she duly replied with her points and yet the subject is then shifted to a point about the manner in which she made them (which while not entirely proffesional, was not the main issue at hand).

I will duck out at this point, as I am determined not to fall out with anyone over this. I have provided all the help I can, and Im sure if you review the combined reports of myself and shequeita again, you might see what we are saying.

-------

Sorry If I have upset anyone. decker: still open to emails if you need help resolving this.

Hugo

I am just wondering how many others are being treated this way that haven't come public.
Probably a few who are too scared as earlier ones got jumped on by all and sundry because they were new.
Hugo asked that he be able to mediate this if you will, i then approved him to do so. He was very thorough and complete in his investigations that where performed. He also maintained contact with you via gtalk and has showed me the logs of what you where advised.
Why should he have to when this could have been fixed days ago by you and your staff. I marvel at Decker's patience, other's would have given up and you "Shequeita" would have got off scott free - again! Get your crap fixed.

I understand that this is a breach in our TOS, and Im sure Shequeita did not intend it. However, I do feel that people have now become determined to ignore/discredit any points/evidence we come up with, in favour of decker.
Correct, I started ignoring geekracks "proof" 10 threads ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back