• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack Is Back!!! Take Cover!

Well,

It seems uk changed there story then from buying it:

We do not have any database's, client details, are are not related to anyone from GR. The forums were in .html format no database it came with the download.

Let me say again, we are not related in any way to GR we simply downloaded the theme of a website 2 days after GR went offline. It was posted in a .rar file to rapidshare.com. The post with the file was submitted in one of the topics about GR closing.

Current clients are being moved to a new server, you will be e-mailed.

Thats off there website. So now you have a company admitting they went and downloaded off a known illegal warez and torrent based site.

That helps there image alot.

Lol I am not sure about the other mess going on about people but its pretty interesting this issue.

They claim it was html filed vb... Could they have used an offline downloader to get the design? They only take html images of each page not php or databases.

Why did you ask him and why did you buy it?

does it even matter? people like certain sites, and buy templates all the time. should we question you every time you want to start a new site and decide to buy a template?i think you should try and stay focused on the more important issue on hand at this point and find out where uk2web for a db backup from and stop worrying so much about who bought what layout adn so on.

does it even matter? people like certain sites, and buy templates all the time.
Name me one other host who admittedly wants to use another host's site. And name me a host's ex-employee who sells his previous boss' site backups.

We have here two separate incidents (maybe), two hosts who are using someone else's property.

oh, yeah, i forgot you are always right Jan. no host ENVER buys templates that are used elsewhere cause no one ever goes to template monster or any other template site, right? yeah, thought so. and once again, the stuff that was sold were only things that i had worked on myself, and considering GR NEVER paid for them, therefore, they never owned them. so, stop twisting my words that i have already corrected. by backup, i was talking about the actual html files, not every bit of the site like the whmcs integration, forums, db or anything like that. so, maybe get off your high horse, and focus on the real problem for once. i am not sure what i ever did to you to get you to hate me so much, but really, it is getting old. and your comment about admittedly wanting to use another host's site, i assume you mean layout/template by that, and considering there has beet at least 10-15 people that have tried to buy the template from me, i would say that there are plenty of host out there that would admittedly want to use another hosts site. just for the record, Jason is the only person i have made any deal with.

The templates not an issue, the contents of this 'backup' is.

It obviously contained a full operational copy of the vB forum, the buyer, UK2WEB, didn't even bother/know how to change the config as all directs went to GR's domain - and yes it was php not html (so is this new host really so dumb they don't know the difference) - this also posses the question if they simply restored the site backup they didn't do an official install of vB making it an illegal copy whichever way you look at it.

In short, the 'backup' did have at least the forum DB present.

This means, again it's a guess, it's most likely a cpmove or cphome backup, follow on from that if WHMCS was in the same home folder then the DB might well have been in there.

So what is required is details of the content (without going into detail) of this 'backup' which can hopefully set this to rest and avoid someone being tarred and feathered.

I'd still love to hear UK2WEB's answer to it all, the real one...

Interesting pic they have on the homepage with the statement too :wink2:

I have an idea. Can't we all just get along?

MCT sold the template. It may/may not have been the right decision, but it's been done, and this isn't the real issue.

The real issue is that we think GeekRack may be back. Maybe staying on topic would be good? :)

Why did you ask him and why did you buy it?

Because it was a very good layout, I was going to edit it for entryWOW, but then I just scrapped this layout due to the fact that bad publicity around GeekRack may affect entryWOW, so I purchased the old Crissic layout instead :)

The only reason people are further accusing Justin, is because he used the word 'backup' all Justin has is the layout files, that's all Shequeita ever sent him. There's only one person on this planet that had access to all of the files. Shequeita herself.

Last edited:
I trust MCT on this, but I don't know how you can clam the forums as HTML files when I was clearly browsing the forums.. Unless you used a program to illegaly download that template?

We do need answers. Could uk2web just claim where and when and who they recieved them files from?

The forum had to be delivered as a package not downloaded as individual files.

Is Skylar still b& (maybe lift that under the circumstances to let him answer for himself as he's being named) or can he answer yet?

The forum had to be delivered as a package not downloaded as individual files.

Is Skylar still b& (maybe lift that under the circumstances to let him answer for himself as he's being named) or can he answer yet?

Skylar doesn't have any of the database files etc, he has exactly the same as I, the layout with the coding and images as sent in a .ZIP by Justin.

The full .ZIP contents - http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/429717e2b4d2026grfolder.PNG

Last edited:
Are you guys sure this UK2web isnt just geekracks?

I know they claim they downloaded the template and dbase ect, but perhaps that statement is really to cover the fact they are actually geekracks?

Are you guys sure this UK2web isnt just geekracks?

I know they claim they downloaded the template and dbase ect, but perhaps that statement is really to cover the fact they are actually geekracks?

The main layout with coding I have, Justin has and Skylar has. But the databases etc only belonged to one person, Shequeita herself.

Back