• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

100% uptime

Mike2

Dear all

Please recommend me a good hosting company that can offer 100% uptime (very important) + PLESK Control Panel. Dedicated IP, Send Mail ( SMTP). Anonymous name servers.

I need only 100 MB Space. under $40 per year.

Tnx

There are none. Those that say they offer 100% uptime are being as about untruthful as those unlimited hosts. Unless a host owns the data center it's in, plus the backbone, it cant truthfully gurantee 100% uptime.

You could get a deal with

100% NETWORK uptime

meaning you'll be able to access the data-center ... but server uptime is impossible to guarantee .. someone could crash the server at any point

Yeah, I should have speced that since we oursaelves promise 100% network(server connection) uptime..LOL

Originally posted by Mike2
Please recommend me a good hosting company that can offer 100% uptime (very important) <snip> Anonymous name servers <snip> under $40 per year

You aren't going to find rock solid, bullet proof hosting with 100%-99.9% true uptime (unless by luck), plus nameservers, all for $40/yr. (which is $3.33/mo). You're kidding yourself if you hope to get this.

If uptime is important to you, then you're going to have to spend just a tad bit more than $3/mo (understatement). No way. No how. No point in discussing it further. Ain't gonna happen.

For $3/mo, you're gonna have to choose from the cheapest hosts out there, and at that price, the only way to make money is to put a pretty healthy amount of accounts on one server and when you do this, uptime often suffers.

$200/mo, then you'll get that *very important* uptime, otherwise you'll get a monetary guanrantee of uptime, which means the site might go down and they'll credit you a bit off your bill if that happens.

Decide what is important to you...

I believe some hosting companies have two datacenters where you can put your stuff on back up at the other in case one datacenter is down. Very expensive though

Yes

I'm thinking of getting a load balancing option when i get a dedi .. if i do

Here is how much i think it will cost

$399 per month for box 1 ( ns1. )

Dual P3 1GHZ
1GB SD RAM
2 x 18.1GB SCSI Drives Raid 1 or 0
50GB Data-Transfer Mutlihomed
Managed Server
WHM / Cpanel
Remote Reboot Port

$349 per month for box 2 ( ns2. )

Dual P3 1GHZ
1GB SD RAM
2 x 40GB IDE Hard Drive Raid 0
500GB Data-transfer Multihomed
Unmanaged Server
WHM / Cpanel
APC Rebooter

i would set it up so the site loads of NS1 primary , but NS2 as backup should i have NS1 down for any reason
but i would use NS2 primary for high data-transfer stuff :) and storage :)

No imagen how much a web host would charge for something like that .. :eek:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mike2
Dear all

Please recommend me a good hosting company that can offer 100% uptime (very important) + PLESK Control Panel. Dedicated IP, Send Mail ( SMTP). Anonymous name servers.

I need only 100 MB Space. under $40 per year.

Tnx

No such thing as 100% guaranteed uptime, they can't be sure about what happens in the future, what happens if the world blows up? will your site still be up???

Re: Re: 100% uptime

Originally posted by xzx

No such thing as 100% guaranteed uptime, they can't be sure about what happens in the future, what happens if the world blows up? will your site still be up???
Umm...wasn't that clarified already...

And where are you gonna get all this money cdude? I will believe it when I see it

Originally posted by Archbob
Even the best hosts can only provide around 99.5% uptime.

Seems that you have not been with a good host by now :)

I have had something about 100% uptime during last 2 months on some of my websites.

Mac

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: 100% uptime

Originally posted by guitarnerd

Umm...wasn't that clarified already...

And where are you gonna get all this money cdude? I will believe it when I see it

Where did i said i'd need to get the money :confused2

All i said is when i get a dedi .. whereby i host my site on a dedi .. that how much it would cost at this current point of time :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of getting a load balancing option when i get a dedi .. if i do

Here is how much i think it will cost

$399 per month for box 1 ( ns1. )

Dual P3 1GHZ
1GB SD RAM
2 x 18.1GB SCSI Drives Raid 1 or 0
50GB Data-Transfer Mutlihomed
Managed Server
WHM / Cpanel
Remote Reboot Port

$349 per month for box 2 ( ns2. )

Dual P3 1GHZ
1GB SD RAM
2 x 40GB IDE Hard Drive Raid 0
500GB Data-transfer Multihomed
Unmanaged Server
WHM / Cpanel
APC Rebooter

i would set it up so the site loads of NS1 primary , but NS2 as backup should i have NS1 down for any reason
but i would use NS2 primary for high data-transfer stuff and storage
Where do you get the money?

Originally posted by sarmadys

Seems that you have not been with a good host by now :)

I have had something about 100% uptime during last 2 months on some of my websites.

Mac

My host is quite good, its had 100% uptime for the last 2 months, but once in a few month, it'll go down for an hour or so.

Back