• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

500mb bandwidth?

skeptical

I'm currently looking for a cheap paid domain hosting service somewhere below $40 a month.

Some of the one I found seems pretty good, but is 500mb of bandwidth pretty good? My site don't ususally get more than 30 hits per day. Or should I find one with more bandwidth? How much bandwidths do you guys usually used?

to me 40 a month seems EXTREMELY expensive for only 500MB bandwidth....
i use below10host.com, only $10 a month, 150MB space, 6GB transferr a month... so far so good.. they're fast, and havent gone down in my one or two months of being with them... hope that helps..

Thanks for replying.

I meant to say about less than $80 per YEAR.
How much bandwidth do you guys usually take up per month?

my site isn't very active.. around 125 a week or so.. I only used 49meg of bandwidth all last month. This month will probably be closer to 75meg, since I moved my photo gallery to my paid server.

500meg should be plenty for you, but... why go for so little? I'm on www.aussiehosts.com with their "AH3" account. It's about $59US/yr . I get 1gig bandwidth, and 100meg of space, plus PHP CGI and mySQL.

do some more looking around... you can find much better.

If you are looking for a good host that charges based on just bandwidth, try ProHosters . They give you unlimited space, cgi, mysql, mailboxes, all the works -- and you only pay for bandwidth.

The minimum/month is $15, which will get you 5GB of transfer, PLENTY for a small to medium sized web site. Each 3GB after that only costs $5.

They also have customer support on IRC 24hrs/day -- They've been great.

Eric

Originally posted by EJGriff
They give you unlimited space, cgi, mysql, mailboxes, all the works -- and you only pay for bandwidth.

Just as long as you don't actually believe what you type...

<<MOD EDIT:>>
I realize that you don't recommend anyone else, but you seem to recommend WZP even when they aren't taking orders.
<</MOD EDIT>>

Last edited by a moderator:
bandwidth ... bandwidth is measured in bps ( k & m & g )

you mean data-transfer ...

and .. 500mb is a small amount .. however .. most ppl use less than 200mb per month ... however .. don't go for a good host

ie : erm ... erm | http://www.tophosts.com :D .. couldn't think of one .. however that aint the point .. all the hosts on tophosts . are good ... * don't quote me on that * .. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by EJGriff
Why is it that everyone frowns when someone says unlimited?

because everything costs $$$..... and companies that give away unlimited $$$ don't last long.

usually, unlimited IS actually limited. check the fine print, or email the tech support people.

"Unlimited" does not exist.

Wait I take that back, I'll offer you unlimited features and transfer for an unlimited amount of money.

Back