• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

696 Hosting - Free Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I don't think we are going to launch so quickly now, I've just looked at how much BW we are purchasing (300 GB Per Year @ $500) We look like we aren't going to be able to offer as much as we could, thanks for your help.

Launch Date: 1st July 2002.

I will post then.

Also -- If you want to kill the banners, get support via sms/phone, a domain, you can pay $3.00 per year

Wow thats cheap,I'm in for this

Nice plan. Good luck! :)

Could you please clarify this though?
We look like we aren't going to be able to offer as much as we could, thanks for your help.

(Damn' murat! I've been here all day and miss this! :mad: )

"OK, I don't think we are going to launch so quickly now, I've just looked at how much BW we are purchasing (300 GB Per Year @ $500) We look like we aren't going to be able to offer as much as we could, thanks for your help. "

300GB A YEAR? Seriously At $500 You realy need to shop around. As for your budget I don't quite understand how you have 2000/month and yet only expecting 100/month from advertising? That in my mind is 1900/month loss or at your 3$/year plan 7600 paying customers ? Where is this 2000/month coming from.

Your service looks great but there's alot of things that don't add up.

Look up cheaper bandwidth cogent providers or if your anti cogent ardent is pretty cheap if your work them down.

I notice the domain 696host.com isnt registered Are you planing on using this one or have You even purchased any domain for this ?

Hate to be the only sceptical one since I am a host myself...This is not critism just a few business questions on how you plan to survive.

I wonder how is possible some of you to believe this kind of posts. He doesn't even have the domain! And what if I get it right now. I think he'll have to change company name!:confused:

Originally posted by 696 Hosting
In fact, lets go for a straight out discussion.

What do you want in a Free Web Host?
Please don't go stupid things like 2,500 MB, 10tb bw, etc :p
Thanks!
The best ones you suggest, I will edit and use, I will filter it into 696.

- 50+ MB SPACE
- Good Bandwidth
- FREE
- TEXT LINK ONLY
- FTP Access
- CGI

What I would want in a host?
50-100 mb space (100 preferred, obviously :p)
Minimal to no adds... small banner okay, small popunder maybe, NO popup, NO addframe, NO tripod banners...
Unmetered bandwidth [unless they use x number of gb's, then you monitor it and/or kill it/something that doesn't meter bandwidth :p].
FTP
CGI
PHP4
MySQL
Allow Forums (demented :p).. no chat scripts is okay (a la stibs), but Forums..?
htaccess allowed
mail() and sendmail (even if limited)
SSI (<? include doesn't do everything SSI can)
Speed (of course)
Domain Hosting (I get one soon)
Possibally advanced things like logs (would be nice, but you rarely EVER see it, unfortunately :( ), shell/bash, web/pop mail, https
Subdomain doesn't matter to me.. I use redirs as it is :p
That would be the host of my dreams.

Originally posted by ( - P z Y - )
Unmetered bandwidth [unless they use x number of gb's, then you monitor it and/or kill it/something that doesn't meter bandwidth :p].

Nope - just have the host throttle that site's download speeds, like what 9cy plans to do to those sites that actually use the "unmetered" transfer feature.

Originally posted by granthill
give me 696 Hosting URL
i don't know url!!!!
give me
thanks
There is none as yet, but if anyone wants to register the domain 696hosting.com, it is available :p

This sounds possible... you were careful to announce that you only allow vB lite. Smart! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back