• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AIM or MSN??

AIM or MSN

• AIM

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • MSN

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Other (Please Post)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Msn

I have my hotmail account since like 5-6 years.

and when MSN was introduced, they like sent emails each week about it, and ppl downloaded it and ised it.

MSN...for a few reasons:

1. I hate AOL more than any other company.
2. MSN "feels" faster than AIM, even if they really are the same speed
3. MSN is very compatible with a Hotmail e-mail account (which makes it easier for me to check my mail)
4. I have about 3 friends that use AIM, and about 75 that use MSN.

MSN, because it's what everyone I know uses, I actually don't know anyone (irl) that uses AIM.

I use AIM.

Been a user for years. MSN is too fancy for me as all I need is a simple IM client. Plus, it's not another Microsoft product.

I guess if people are too picky, they could always use both.

I have both, coz a couple of years ago, only about two people I knew actually had the internet, and both had AOL, and thus AIM. Since then pretty much everyone I know has got the internet mainly using MSN, so now I don't really use AIM.

I only use ICQ and MSN. Seems like more people are using MSN these days. It doesn't really make a difference when you're using Trillian, though. :)

AIM!!!

Reasons being:
1) It's not a Microsoft product.
2) All of my friends use it
3) It's not a Microsoft product.

I have never had a Hotmail account so I never felt a reason to use MSN.
I won't use ICQ for the simple reason that the numbers are gay and there's no way in hell I'd ever remember mine. :confused2

Trillian:
MSN
YAHOO
sometimes IRC

I am thinking about cutting my MSN account, no one I know uses it.

I use mainly MSN since that's what all my friends use. I connect to ICQ and AIM with Trillian though.

To me it seems like the trend is like so:
Everyone in Canada uses MSN.
Everyone in the United States uses AIM. But it seems like more are using MSN now.
Everyone in Asia likes ICQ.

Originally posted by Coolin

To me it seems like the trend is like so:
Everyone in Canada uses MSN.
Everyone in the United States uses AIM. But it seems like more are using MSN now.
Everyone in Asia likes ICQ.

What about Europe and Australia?

Originally posted by Daniel

What about Europe and Australia?
When I leave them out, that means I don't know...

Anyway, Akalon just said what Australia likes.

My guess is that Europe likes all three and that different countries may focus more on one than the other.

Back