• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another RTG Asia Review

theman4

Heres what has been going on with me and RTG for a few months now.

I ordered my server at the beginning of August. I told them I wanted Windows installed on it instead of CentOS and cPanel. It takes them about 5 days to get me my server but it only came with CentOS (without even cPanel). I sent a message to Brendan and told him it wasnt Windows but he kept saying that it was windows even though i managed to SSH into the server.
Anyways, i then told him to just leave CentOS installed and install cPanel on it. They did that and it was fine for one day. The next day i couldnt access my server at all, and couldnt even SSH into it. Brendan told me that it was working where he was living and told me to try from another country/ISP. So I asked one of my friends online from another country to try it and it also wouldnt work. I kept telling Brendan it wouldnt work. Finally he said that there was a problem with a server and they would have to reload the OS. I waited for about a week for that to happen and after seeing that they didnt complete the OS reload i decided to ask for a refund.
Now here comes the even more annoying part. I put in a claim with Paypal. Paypal decided in my favour but Paypal told me that they couldnt refund me because there was not enough funds in RTGs account. I told Brendan that and he said that there were enough funds in their account and that Paypal was lieing.
I kept on telling Brendan that I want my refund and that it was not my fault if he was having trouble with Paypal. Finally in the beginning of October he realized that it was not my fault and told me that he will issue a refund in October. So today i went to see when he was going to refund my account and realized that he had deleted my account from their billing and support centre. I then created another account in their billing and support centre and asked him about my refund. He again told me that it was Paypals fault and because there was a claim he could not refund me.
I went to reply to him, only to find that my IP has been banned.

Thank you RTG for making me wait 3 months without getting anything and making me lose $177.

To all the others- Beware of this company, i recommend that you dont deal with them at all.

To heymrdj: I warned you people that i would make this public, and you guys kept me waiting for 3 months without doing anything about it.

Yes, i myself had probs with them. But not on such large dealing. Once they refunded, the other time they didnt.

I feel bad for you main. Last time something like this happen to me I was stressed to the point I couldn't think str8. I'm glad you decided to let everyone know so they won't suffer like you did. If you're still looking for a host check out futurehosting.biz. I've been with them for a little over a month now and they are one of the best with support. I've had some little issues here and there like my email server going down and stuff but they replied back to my questions really fast. Sometimes I feel like there is someone sitting down and waiting for me to send them emails so they can reply back real fast lol... I hope you find something better main. Good Luck.

Sorry it happened to you, but be careful to avoid under-age kids when choosing your host. I would still try to fight for your money back.

I am still fighting for my money. Im not going to let them get away with this.
Their side of the claim is that because of my Paypal dispute which i opened against them they are not able to refund my money. Do you think i should cancel the dispute so they can refund me?
The problem now is that theres no way for me to talk to them because they have banned my IP.

If I understand right OP your the one that says you have been waiting two months for a refund? I'm just checking to understand myself although I know longer work with the company.

If its any consolation, RTGAsia is now a completely separate entity under whose management for sure I don't know. A Brendon or a Bryan. RTGAmerica has now been formed under a Scott Drake of Pennsylvania (United States). RTGAmerica will run a completely different setup, most likely Softlayer servers are the current plans. I would like to ask that if someone is posting a problem, that they please be clear on the forums if RTGAsia or RTGAmerica is the problem for proper review. While RTGAsia used to be the company I worked for, I know that service became poor. We at RTGAmerica hope to provide a much higher level of services, running from good DC's such as EV1, Softlayer, and GigE servers.

I just wanted to make that note. Thanks.

My IP address changed and i managed to login back again. I told Brendan that i want my refund back and we'll see how he replies.

Heymrdj, the matter of the fact is that someone owes me a refund. The server I ordered was an HK server so i would say RTGAsia is responsible. Its really a pity to see that Brendan is willing to make his company look bad for $177. He could have just refunded me and it would have all been over.

If Brendan refunds me i will update this post.

I'm glad eveyrone has decided against RTG Asia finally, even the former owner.

Former owner? The former owner has never even been on these forums :confused4. If your trying to point to me, I used to be 3rd position in RTG, but as RTg gained new plans I got knocked down the ladder till my sayings weren't be heard. So now RTGAsia has decided to split and sell all American assets to Scott Drake (a former co-worker of mine). RTGAsia will retain and host all of their chinese clients. We have taken over the American branch. Scott and I will be putting it through some major revisions however to bring up redundancy and uptime. The layout plans are almost completed.

To the OP, I don't have any more push in RTGAsia, but I hope you get your refund. Sorry to hear of your troubles. :beer:

If I understand right OP your the one that says you have been waiting two months for a refund? I'm just checking to understand myself although I know longer work with the company.

If its any consolation, RTGAsia is now a completely separate entity under whose management for sure I don't know. A Brendon or a Bryan. RTGAmerica has now been formed under a Scott Drake of Pennsylvania (United States). RTGAmerica will run a completely different setup, most likely Softlayer servers are the current plans. I would like to ask that if someone is posting a problem, that they please be clear on the forums if RTGAsia or RTGAmerica is the problem for proper review. While RTGAsia used to be the company I worked for, I know that service became poor. We at RTGAmerica hope to provide a much higher level of services, running from good DC's such as EV1, Softlayer, and GigE servers.

I just wanted to make that note. Thanks.

You think maybe you guys could've chosen a different name for your new hosting company to stop all this confusion? That'd save you a lot of problems relating to the bad reviews and complaints of RTGAsia. I still think you should change the name if you've just now started up the RTGAmerica... just a thought!

You think maybe you guys could've chosen a different name for your new hosting company to stop all this confusion? That'd save you a lot of problems relating to the bad reviews and complaints of RTGAsia. I still think you should change the name if you've just now started up the RTGAmerica... just a thought!

Thats also part of the planning.

I think it's a good desission to become RTGamerica
If they would of started with another LameName Hosting.com name then they'd need to start building their reputation from zero. Now they have the "RTG" to back them up a little.

OP, why not cancel the paypal complaint and file a chargeback at your creditcard company?

Isn't that the scammer who cheated RAJ and other people?

Wrong direction. Scott is the one that bought RAJ and the former owner of RAJ cheated him out during the transfer by collecting another month or two worth of hosting. I should know because I helped with the transfer because at the time RAJ was a reseller under RTG.

Isn't that the scammer who cheated RAJ and other people?

Please get your facts straight befor posting things like this, I am the one that got Scammed not the otherway around. The former owner of Raj Hosting took full advantage of my disability to scam me out of money.

Thank you RTG for making me wait 3 months without getting anything and making me lose $177.

To all the others- Beware of this company, i recommend that you dont deal with them at all.

To heymrdj: I warned you people that i would make this public, and you guys kept me waiting for 3 months without doing anything about it.

I wish I was in the position to help you, I do see your trouble ticket but there is nothing that I can do. I purchased the US Operations of RTG Asia back in May and I probably should have taken all the servers over myself and split them away from RTG Asia but as we all know hide sight is 50/50.

I don't mind you speaking your mind about your experience, but if you would make it clear it was rtgasia.net and not rtgasia.com that did this as I am supposed to be getting rtgasia.com to use and I may or maynot.

Scott

Actually new names will be used and are listed below, I will still have the RTG names pointing to the server but they will not be the main domain.

usdcservers.net <-- Main Domain

usdcservers.com
nepaservers.net
nepaservers.com
sdcservers.net
rtgamerica.net
rtgusa.net
rtgasia.com <-- once it's turned over to me

Scott

I think it's a good desission to become RTGamerica
If they would of started with another LameName Hosting.com name then they'd need to start building their reputation from zero. Now they have the "RTG" to back them up a little.

That is the only reason I will still use RTG in a domain name, but as you can see from an earlier post the main domain will be new.

OP, why not cancel the paypal complaint and file a chargeback at your creditcard company?

If he used a credit card that may work. It also depends on the CC company.

Scott

Well now no one is responding anymore to the ticket which i submitted. Its been 24 hours since i replied in the ticket and i havent yet recieved a reply.
We'll see whats going to happen now.
Scott - Im not sure which company scammed me because it has become confusing. The person who hasnt refunded me is Brendan and its his company which is doing this.

Back