• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another USA School Shooting

notnamed said:
Sniper rifles aren't handguns, they're sniper rifles. I'm sure it's just as hard to get one in the US as it is in India. You don't just walk into Walmart and buy a sniper rifle.

Nope, you can get those too. They are just more expensive. With certain licenses, you can get fully automatic weapons like AK-47. Sniper rifles are really nothing more than high powered guns with high powered scope lined up correctly. You can turn a .22 long-rifle into a sniper..

I think he had to put it down, like that book. Old yellow or something. I read it ages ago, and forgot the title...

Webdude said:
Nope, you can get those too. They are just more expensive. With certain licenses...
That's my point. But you don't just walk into Walmart and buy a .22 and a sniper scope.

Since I went to Texas this summer and shot some guns that belong to a friend a mine(they didn't register ANY of the guns, btw). Includes a Walther P28, a 1911, some .22 bolt-action rifle, an semi-automatic AK47, and an M1 Garand. I can definitely tell you, even though I'm a pretty bad shot, it was EXTREMELY fun. Shooting targets and skeet shooting is quite possibly the funnest thing I've ever done. Personally, if it was possible, I'd purchase a gun in Canada for target shooting. It's an actual hobby.

notnamed said:
That's my point. But you don't just walk into Walmart and buy a .22 and a sniper scope.
To purchase a gun, you need a license regardless. But it isn't hard to acquire one. Fill out a form and send in some money, you get a gun license and you can purchase a .22 and a scope.

Last edited:
Daniel said:
Since I went to Texas this summer and shot some guns that belong to a friend a mine(they didn't register ANY of the guns, btw). Includes a Walther P28, a 1911, some .22 bolt-action rifle, an semi-automatic AK47, and an M1 Garand. I can definitely tell you, even though I'm a pretty bad shot, it was EXTREMELY fun. Shooting targets and skeet shooting is quite possibly the funnest thing I've ever done. Personally, if it was possible, I'd purchase a gun in Canada for target shooting. It's an actual hobby.
Then the guns are stolen if they aren't register. The gun becomes registered when you make the purchase and you fill out the registration form, it's submitted to the State.

jmiller said:
How are they stolen just because they aren't registered?
You cannot purchase a gun w/o it being registered. A gun isn't a TV where you get a "registration card" in the package and you are to fill it out and send it in. When you make a gun purchase, it's registered w/ the State in your name. Most places now require you to have a gun license to even purchase the gun, furthermore, they hold it for 3-5 days before releasing it to you. I enjoy purchasing old guns, such as guns used during the Nazi era and other times, which of course don't require registration. I recently bought a Desert Eagle, which hasn't arrived yet.

god, that was condescending.

And from what I have been reading, it isn't considered "stolen" just because it isn't registered. Although it is still highly illegal.

notnamed said:

I dont know, they have some pretty powerful scopes in there. It wouldnt be hard to mount one of these http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2653075 on a gun, goto a shooting range and aim it out.

Come to think of it, mebbe I will do just that. Hell I got the guns, and that scope is only $60 :p

http://myschooltalk.com/snake/tank2.jpg I took this of my snake tank, but it shows one of mine by the door. That one is usually used for shooting rabbits to feed my dogs. It's probably got one of the smallest scopes walmart sells. Oh yeah, and got my slingshot there for pelting strays that come in my yard :D

Other than that, I dont have pics of any of my other rifles, which are in my garage, which is in my back yard, which is fenced in with a 6ft chain link, which is full of German Sheperds. So I'm not too worried about them getting stolen... at least not before I get out there with my 22 rifle or a pistol :p

Oh, and none of mine are registered either. You arent required to do so here. Doesnt do much. Cops cant verify it either way if the serial is grinded off, which is what the bad guys do in states where registration is required. If they cant verify it's not registered, they cant get you.

Better yet, mount this baby to your rifle :D
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/02/97/57/78/0002975778886_500X500.jpg

Last edited:
Back