• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Are you a squid?

Kaliber

Kaliber
NLC
Are you? (a squid is a nerd for those who don't already know)

How many squids we got here? being on the INTERNET and being a FORUM about free web space I would think the ratio is pretty high.

I myself are definately not a squid, never have been never want to.

ps.. who thinks this will get meaningless thread of the year?

I am an octopus....

nope, i'm a squid - one that can do pushups at that - i know plenty of fat --- 'squids' and i laugh at their level of fitness

A nerd? Hell ya! I mean, like you said, I frequent a forum about free webspace, even though I have paid web space, and even though I don't even have a website!

Yes, I am planning on taking computer science...that alone qualifies me for being a "squid" (< why not just say nerd, I have never heard of a squid). I am in AP classes in school (advanced placement...for nerds).

But, I like to think of myself as a cool nerd. I'm not a trekkie or anything...I'm a nerd why gets repspect.

I think it's funny how many claim not to be a nerd. It's almost like it's a bad thing to call yourself :confused:

Originally posted by Canuckkev
I think it's funny how many claim not to be a nerd. It's almost like it's a bad thing to call yourself :confused:
Well, if your talkin' nerd as in big fat guy with big huge thick glasses with no friends, then no way. Nerd as in Loves computers, hell yeah.

No, a nerd is what you describe. A person who loves computers is a geek, and that is a highly coveted social position.
In some circles.

Someone hasn't been frequenting their freak shows. A geek is someone who bites the heads off live animals while people gawk and give money to the carnie. I am not, have never been, and hopefully will never be a geek. Nerd-- what's a nerd? Definitions vary, I suppose I could be.

AAACK! NO, that kind of person is a psycho, hands down no doubt about it...my goodness!
No, I'm pretty sure that a geek is what is also called a computer nerd...I mean, why make the Geek Code and call it the Geek Code? It has a section about Unix that says:
"No, Unix geeks are actually nerds in disguise"
I rest my case ;)

Nerd = A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits.
Geek = Dork = Form of loser = Trekkie = A person who is felt to be socially inept.
Squid = Any of various marine cephalopod mollusks of the genus Loligo and related genera, having a usually elongated body, ten arms surrounding the mouth, a vestigial internal shell, and a pair of triangular or rounded fins.

For clarification. Geek and nerd aren't the same thing...but still, it's not necessarily bad to be either.

I personally define a nerd as someone who has no social sense and loves all thingd techy (computers).

Here is a tip, If your at school and you frequently use the schools computers in your spare time (lunch etc..) you are a squid

Back