• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Athlon vs. Pentium IV

Athlon or Pentium?

• Pentium IV damnit! :mad:

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Athlon kicks 455!! :D

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • STFU!!! ;)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by trenzterra
at least until Intel Pentium gets faster.
2000 MHz isn't fast enough for ya? What ya want 3000, 4000 MHz? I'd still take even a 1400 MHz Athlon over a 2000 MHz Pentium 4 anyday.

Originally posted by Phrozen

2000 MHz isn't fast enough for ya? What ya want 3000, 4000 MHz? I'd still take even a 1400 MHz Athlon over a 2000 MHz Pentium 4 anyday.
umm no I mean now Athlon is faster than Pentium 4(AthlonXP). I must wait till Intel Pentium 4: 2ghz == AMD Athlon 3ghz
:D

Originally posted by adizlaja
LOL, sorry i was looking for threads on athlons so i found this, BTW i have enough to get a avatar anyway. so u mean t52 celcius
I didn't know this until you posted it. Looked so recent.

Originally posted by adizlaja
LOL, sorry i was looking for threads on athlons so i found this, BTW i have enough to get a avatar anyway. so u mean t52 celcius
You haven't even uploaded an avatar yet! :rolleyes:

I just installed a Thunderbird 1400 with DDR-RAM... damn, what a difference. Much faster than any crappy PIV I play tested at a computer store.

(Check out my new avatar of US General Perishing)

Do you actually think we know who any of these peopel are?

Some of us do know who these generals are. You'll be studying about him in US History Junior or Senior year (depending on how your high school does things).

Do you actually think we know who any of these peopel are?

General Pershing led the American Expeditionary Forces in Europe during WWI, all 2 million of them. So he is usually hailed as a hero from saving the civilized world from those horrible German Kaisers.

You'll be studying about him in US History Junior or Senior year (depending on how your high school does things).
I haven't got a clue who those people are, I don't recall ever being taught any of that. Let's see, there was a war, over in or maybe around Europe, then another one... Hitler was involved, something about Nostradamus... the end. That covers WWI and WWII, nothing went on in between so that doesn't matter. :D

The wonders of our nation's public schools! Everything I know I've pieced together from movies, books, and the odd magazine article.

Damned School system!
They can't even teach us WWI, WWII, and Korean war heros. Damn, Pershing defeated the Germans in WWI and served under government for a little while later as Defense Secretary. McGarther was the legend of WWII, but had a fallout with Truman during the Korean war.

I can't believe some of you never learned that! Don't you watch documentaries?

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Damned School system!
They can't even teach us WWI, WWII, and Korean war heros. Damn, Pershing defeated the Germans in WWI and served under government for a little while later as Defense Secretary. McGarther was the legend of WWII, but had a fallout with Truman during the Korean war.
*shrug*, maybe some high schools are not very strict about US History. Their AP US History courses should have them though.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I can't believe some of you never learned that! Don't you watch documentaries?
Well there's always The American Experience on PBS.

I'm goin with the p4, AMD totally blows. The can only handle one program at a time where as my P3 can handle about 10 programs running at once before it event starts to think about how slow its gona be when I run 10 more programs

Originally posted by rapmaster
I'm goin with the p4, AMD totally blows. The can only handle one program
That would depend on the amount of ram too, not just the cpu. P4's are better for gaming, but Athlons still out perform the Pentium in most programs. Intel is way overpriced though, with AMD you get much more bang for the buck.

hummm I think the P4 is just a bunch of crap myself, I've always been a fan of the P2 and P3 their better and their price has been dirt cheap because of the P4 :D

Originally posted by rapmaster
hummm I think the P4 is just a bunch of crap myself, I've always been a fan of the P2 and P3 their better and their price has been dirt cheap because of the P4 :D
Yeah, my old 450 Mhz PII test box still works great! 784 MB RAM! :D

I like my Duron (@ 766mhz). It actually beats a P3 @ the same speed. :D

I should be getting a Cely 300A/333. Why? Cause they hit 450mhz easy, and some even get to 500mhz. :D

Back