• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can an ad be an image ?

Thanks for adding this in guys :)

Lets hope it'll be less abused than you expect !

I thought he meant the hosting ads and offers, not the general section.
I dont see much point in having it there and not the others. Most people rarely advertise in there anyway.

But whos going to test it?

Generally, that section contains 1 off advertisement by random people who just pop in now and then, and most likely wouldnt even know u can now have images.

And the others advertisements are generally peoples personal offers. Whos going to make a pic to advertise that they are avalible for work, or selling an adwords/rapidshare account?

Unless its graphics and design work that is.

Where in the hosting offers, i think it could be quiet useful.

Yea I don't really see much of a difference between testing it in Ads & Offers and testing it in the other advertising sections. If it gets abused, remove it from all sections.

So if we allow images, some guidelines should be provided as to what is allowed and what isn't, I'm sure no one wants to get in trouble for posting the wrong thing ...

So if we allow images, some guidelines should be provided as to what is allowed and what isn't, I'm sure no one wants to get in trouble for posting the wrong thing ...
Yeah, as this is the first time it has come up, so no guidelines have been sorted yet. I guess basically they should follow the general forum posting guidelines. For instance (since Peo is going to allow it in the hosting areas too :S) No warez, no unlimited space/bandwidth, no unlimited, no referral links, family friendly etc etc.

I guess we should add some rough dimension restrictions to the size of the images that can be posted? And maybe a maximum number of images as well?

Yes, anything that extends past 800pixels width shouldn't be allowed. It would stretch the page or mess with the layout. I'd say, maybe 4-500 pixels max?
Height, maybe 600pixels?
I like the idea of image ads.

IMG code is now allowed in Ads & Offers.
:evilb:
I think there's a vB plugin that automatically resizes images if they are too big...
Good idea
How about allowing image advertising in the Free & Paid Hosting Offers sections?
I belive he answered it but I was going to say I agree
Yes, anything that extends past 800pixels width shouldn't be allowed. It would stretch the page or mess with the layout. I'd say, maybe 4-500 pixels max?
Height, maybe 600pixels?
I like the idea of image ads.
Love the idea I'd hate to see how bad the site wuld look with them.

Also are animated ads allowed now? .gif format not flash ?

Back