• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

clubuptime.com

Is quite funny if you actually read everything and click the link.

We regret to announce that Club Uptime, LLC will be closing its doors,
effective immediately.

BroHoster Customers please refer to http://www.brohoster.com for
applicable instructions.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.brohoster.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I guess they had 6 people running the place and all kinds of drama going on regarding management. Then they just up and disappear because they can't pay SoftLayer for the servers they had. SL pulled something like 100 servers offline for non-payment. They blame it on the non-paying customers? What were they doing, getting by month to month? Didn't they have a financial backup plan?

Listen to this gelatinous piece of work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJs3BA5MMEs&NR=1

Start at 0:50 and he explains how they used "virtual ram" to get more people per server. What a crock of ----. It's a damn disgrace when even PAID hosting companies are a bunch of crooks these days.

People who just plain aren't very good at running a business are all over the place. This kind of thing happens in every industry, even ones that have all kinds of legal red tape on new startups.

Wasn't somebody here using brohoster though? I could have sworn I've seen that host name before offering services.

Last edited:
Last I heard, they owed about $35k in server bills. From what I remember hearing, they actually got some pretty good reviews...CU that is. Brohost or whatever they were looked silly from the beginning. Stupid name and their website looked attrocious.

Their slogan was, "Brohoster, where we treat you like a bro and not screw you like a hoe."

Well, they must be a hoe afterall because they sure screwed over a lot of bros.

Tisk tisk tisk, i saw this one from the beginning when all of the facepunch forum drama over a fired previous owner.

Well, Matt Rosenblatt had that coming for not running it properly and running it straight in the ground.

Your relying straight off client funds? no backup plan? Tisk.

I suppose that time will sort everything out for them. So I would prefer to wait and see what will happen with their project.

What will happen with their project? They went out of business. That's what happened with their project. There is no need to wait and see anything. This is already a done deal.

I'm a bit late for the thread, but the last few weeks have been hectic for me. Basically, when Matthew took over BH (After he booted Jake, the previous CEO/Owner) he had no idea what he was doing. He was constantly inactive and not really part of our core team, so we were left on our own trying to keep the place running... which needless to say, was incredibly difficult since we were understaffed and dealing with anywhere from a hundred to three hundred support tickets daily.

This left little time for us to deal with financials (infact, we had no access to this at all) and system administration, so the place was kind of falling apart all around us. Andrew and I were the only people handling tickets 99% of the time and that was just a huge workload. I was spending sixteen hours a day working on tickets alone and Andrew wasn't really that far behind me.

What caused CU and BH to crash was Matthew creating a sale thread on WHT which resulted in a thread over on Facepunch with well over 130k views and over seventy six pages of pure hate. We had no idea it was happening until our previous CEO told us and our general manager was out of town and not even informed of it. So yeah, that was a fun week :lol:.

Long story short, the damage that sale thread caused was catastrophic. After that Matthew just left the picture entirely and we heard back from him maybe once a week. I guess he wasn't paying any attention to our financial situation because out of the blue a few weeks later SoftLayer started shutting down all 67 of our servers.

During that time, Matthew was only seen once and we heard nothing from him after the initial disconnects. Larry, Terri, Andrew and Myself spent three days on voice chat and talking back and forth with SoftLayer regarding the issue and managed to get a 72 hour window for all the servers to be re-connected so our previous clients could backup their data. Again, Matthew was nowhere to be found while this was going down. We didn't even get our last pay. He owes all of us for our last two weeks, and even assured us on WHT that we would be paid -- hasn't happened.

Left the whole company hanging in the dark till then end and again perfectly said what a d-bag!

Sounds like the former CEO where I work. He was never around to actually do anything for the company, we were left to fend for ourselves. Fortunately my supervisor was competent in running the place and was able to keep it together for a good while.

In that case though the prior owners of the place found out what he was doing through the local grapevines, and bought the place back in time to save it from ruin. It has since then revived completely and even grown quite a bit.

Sadly, the people that do this kind of thing usually walk away from it filthy rich, while the people who worked hard to try and save the place end up getting left hanging with nothing.

Last edited:
Back