• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.COM.KG Registration Instructions

Woofcat

Okay, now that I've got more domains than I'll need for a while, here's how to do it. This is kind of rushed, but I think it's accurate...

STEP 1:

Mail this to auto-dbm@domain.kg (with your information, obviously):

address: Your Name
address: City, State ZIP USA
address: Street Address
phone: + 1 877 5551212
fax-no: + 1 877 5551212
e-mail: you@whatever.com
nic-hdl: auto-1
changed: you@whatever.com 20010104
source: KG

STEP 2:

Wait for a response to your first e-mail. Then mail this to auto-dbm@domain.kg:

mntner: whatever-kg
descr: manateiner for whatever
admin-c: xxx-KG
mnt-by: whatever-kg
upd-to: you@whatever.com
auth: CRYPT-PW Ja3i4lYCIgyuU

Replace whatever with whatever you want your maintainer id to be (letters only, no spaces). Relace xxx-KG with the person id they sent you (something-KG). Go to http://www.domain.kg/genpass.html and encrypt the password you want to use (and replace Ja3i4lYCIgyuU with your encrypted password).

STEP 3:

Step 2 will always return a failure. This is OK - you just have to wait a couple days for them to manually enter your maintainer info. Then you can register all the .com.kg domains you want.

domain: whatever.com.kg
descr: corporate domain for
descr: whatever
admin-c: xxx-KG
tech-c: xxx-KG
zone-c: xxx-KG
nserver: ns1.yournameserver.com
nserver: ns2.yournameserver.com
mnt-by: whatever-kg
password: xxxxx

Relace xxx-KG with the person id they sent you after step 1 (something-KG). whatever-kg should be the same as in step 2. The password should be whatever you used in step 2, but NOT encrypted this time.

Hard to explain but easy to do. I'll put something up on my site later with a little more detail... Hope this is helpful.

Originally posted by Woofcat
Okay, now that I've got more domains than I'll need for a while, here's how to do it. This is kind of rushed, but I think it's accurate...

STEP 1:

Mail this to auto-dbm@domain.kg (with your information, obviously):

address: Your Name
address: City, State ZIP USA
address: Street Address
phone: + 1 877 5551212
fax-no: + 1 877 5551212
e-mail: you@whatever.com

I tried and it failed... I think that first line should be person:, not address:... I tried again that way and we'll see what happens.

i want a domain with like myname.kg or myname.mu or myname.ru or whatever... help me woofcat pleeeeeezeeee

Originally posted by Donovan
Is free?

And what is KG stands for?

The .com.kg's are free... Apparently not too many people know about them (yet). KG is Kyrgyzstan... A former Soviet republic.

Originally posted by Omari
i want a domain with like myname.kg or myname.mu or myname.ru or whatever... help me woofcat pleeeeeezeeee

Omari, directions have been posted above. Try to follow them.

Originally posted by Chicken
Originally posted by Omari

Omari, directions have been posted above. Try to follow them.

naw, thats for .com.kg

i don't think its possible to get .kg or .ru for free but hook me up with a .mu woofcat

Okay, the MU people got wise to the situation... Of course .COM.RU's are still free... - WoofCat

nif you want a .mu you will hav eto pay :(

strange

Originally posted by Mandrake
KG is Kyrgyzstan... A former Soviet republic.

Just found out the foreign exchange student in my math class is from that country. Is that some strange shit or what?

Re: Re: strange

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
I'll have to see it before I pass judgement. ;)

Haha :D. Well, I'm buying a new computer and not a digital camera so you'll have to take my word on this one. Still, I thought that was very odd.

Me Is Stoopid

I sat here and waited for three days for the step three because step two always gave a error. Well, I wish Woffcat would have told me what KIND of error. I had a password length error and waited for nothing :eek:. I think I got the "right" error this time. I can't wait to mass register about 50 domains :D.

I "mass-registered" about 10, and although they instantly appeared in the WHOIS database, I have yet to see a single one work. Been five days now. :(

I can't get the 1st step to resolve...

This is what I sent...

person: My Name
address: xxxxxxx
address: xxxxxxx
phone: + 1 xxx xxxxxxx
fax-no: + 1 xxx xxxxxxx
e-mail: my email addy
changed: my email addy 20010104

Is that correct?? or am I missing something??

I flubbed the first attempt and put the three addresses (instead of person as the first). I re-sent it, but not sure if anything worked or not, heh. Hooo well... not sure how I could tell exactly.

Back