• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Constantine Review

bzqjasper

I just got back from the movies and I saw Constantine. The theatre was almost empty and that was an indication right there. The story slowly unraveled had some great special effects, but didn't have 1/2 the kick as The Matrix did. I know they wanted a heaven and hell Matrix movie, as much as they didn't want to admit it, but it just wasn't there for me. The whole smoking thing really began to annoy me. When you see 2000 times you will understane. The cheese factor was minimal too...there were only just a couple 1985 chessy lines so that was a plus. I give this movie 2.5 stars out of 4 for the special effects, editing, and soundtrack.

Yeah, from the previews I saw it looked pretty rough. Hollywood execs are going to have to realize sometime that Keanu Reeves cannot cut it as some sort of renegade action star. The only thing he's done really well is Bill and Ted.

Oh...and there was that one movie with Jack Nicholson and some old wench where he played a doctor...he was good in that.

Blank Verse said:
Oh...and there was that one movie with Jack Nicholson and some old wench where he played a doctor...he was good in that.
I know what movie you are thinking of, but cannot remember its name.

But wasn't it a chick-flick? Explain yourself.

Blank Verse said:
The only thing he's done really well is Bill and Ted.

Oh come on, Speed wasn't that bad, relative to Speed 2 at least :p

i believe the movie you're talking about is 'Something's Gotta Give'... i saw bits of it while on a plane, it sucked.

yeah...I don't think it worked out for me. Chick flick sure, but it had Keanu Reeves and Jack Nicholson in it. No dice. Plus I enjoyed it a little bit, so that must have hurt my chances.

by the way miller....best title ever...

Constantine tried to be really deep but it didn't get much further than topsoil. In all seriousness it's almost like Evangelion; the creators thought all the biblical references would be cool but no one really cares because Keanu Reeves can't act and he wasn't wearing shades and a trencoat and turn himself into little green letters and numbers. Favorite Keanu movie = Bill and Ted XD

I know this is old, but someone else dug it up and I noticed something that had to be fixed.

Blank Verse said:
Hollywood execs are going to have to realize sometime that Keanu Reeves cannot cut it as a star.

Blank Verse said:

Well I think Keaton still looks fabulous. The movie was, "Somethings Gotta Give."

whitekazex said:
Constantine tried to be really deep but it didn't get much further than topsoil. In all seriousness it's almost like Evangelion; the creators thought all the biblical references would be cool but no one really cares because Keanu Reeves can't act and he wasn't wearing shades and a trencoat and turn himself into little green letters and numbers. Favorite Keanu movie = Bill and Ted XD

Eva was good, why? Because it aired 10 years ago. I can't think of films/shows similar to it from awhile ago...

I cbf finding examples, if you would like to prove me wrong, go for it.

Hunks said:
Well I think Keaton still looks fabulous. The movie was, "Somethings Gotta Give."

right...Diane Keaton...I forgot who it was. Yeah, she didn't look bad in the movie. Considering her age. She looks a hell of a lot better than ol' Jacky there :p

#1 I actually liked Constantine. There were only like four spare seats when we saw it. Then again, it seems unlike most people here, I don't have a problem with Keanu Reeves. He's not my favourite, but I certainly don't dislike him.

#2 Hey, you guys DO realise it makes you look MUCH worse to justify seeing a chick flick 'to get some'? :tired2:

I know me too it's just great (actually I'm just scared of a particular person yelling at me again :scared:)

Back