• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DiscoveryWebz : Its freehosting but I recieved an invoice overdue mail

awebportal

I signed up with discoverywebz free webhosting plan , it went smooth for almost 18 days and , today I got an email :
Code:
This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 30/04/2011.
Your payment method is: PayPal
Invoice #123
Amount Due: $68.25 USD
Due Date: 30/04/2011
Invoice Items
Starter - dogtrainingsonline.com (01/04/2011 - 30/04/2011)
Total Bandwidth Usage = 295 MB - Overage Charge = 195 MB @ 0.35/MB $68.25 USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $68.25 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $68.25 USD 
------------------------------------------------------
You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice 
Regards,
Discovery Webz

I signed up with 750mb space and 10gb bandwidth plan..
then they degraded it to 500mb space and 10gb bandwidth plan
now they send an overdue notice... great:lol:

I am fed up with these fake webhosts who firstly advertised as free and either shut down on send you an invoice...

@DiscoveryWebz : would you mind to reply man?

When I saw this... my face....

0.35 a MB?!

These are the hosts you can't trust. Ignore it and move on, my friend.

If this is true, DiscoveryWebz should get at least an infraction in this forum, for deceiving customers. Feel free to -rep him.
I would.

Anyone here accepts ccavenue as payment gateway for hosting payments? and a bit reputed here? I wanna pay but wanna stay :lol:

When I saw this... my face....

0.35 a MB?!

These are the hosts you can't trust. Ignore it and move on, my friend.

That's the kind of price Verizon Wireless charges if you go over 5GB in a month on one of their cellular data modems. Completely possible to hit multi-thousand dollar bills in a matter of days doing that.

Sounds to me like a scam, I'd get hosting somewhere else from a company that offers a lot more bandwidth in the first place. The baseline packages for most of the hosts here are in the neighborhood of 500MB space and 5GB a month bandwidth, with some hosts offering as much as 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth for free.

This is the owner. Contact him here. Maybe you'll have better luck if you contact his "agent" because perhaps Darren Cain is a very busy guy?

Is this a scam? or you never checked out the T&C? If you found being cheated, may jump ship. I bet "Free hosting" is only the tactic of marketing.

Free hosts sometime appear to be very unreliable in terms of hionesty of their business lead. Make sure there are no holes in TOS they can use against you.

You are supposed to receive 10 GB of bandwidth and they sent you this bill, with total bandwidth used of 295 MB? I hope you saved all the e-mails from them. Don't pay this.

Hi,

it was a mistake, which i accidently put wrong numbers in the overage billing in whmcs, I have put the storage up to 750 MB.

People also need to know, not just with my hosting, with any one you go with, paid or free. If you get an email or invoice, what your not expecting, contact the host,
Lack of communication. Although i did send an mass email, saying the invoices was scraped.

Back