• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

er...Financial question? kinda...I don't know

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
Can anyone tell me if an authorized sales agent's office in Canada is a bank? I think it is, but I'm not sure. If not, what is it? I have a couple of Canada Savings Bonds that I would like to redeem, but I'm not sure where to go.

Really hope it's a bank :p

Thanks to whoever knows.

Why not call them and ask? It's not very hard to do. You should be old enough to be able to do things on your own instead of ask everyone for help. You're never going to go anywhere in life if you make everyone give you a fish.

woah...calm down there Grandpa. Just a simple question. If you don't know, don't answer. And yes, of course I plan on calling my bank, but I thought, seeing as this place has been a good resource on some of the vaguest topics in past, it couldn't hurt to ask and possibly bypass the call to the bank.

If these are stock bonds, they should have an issueing bank on them with a serial number.

If you have a JP Morgan Bank in your area, you can redeem them there.

However, do note that fees will apply and if the bonds are of low value, you may get less than half back.

These aren't stock bonds, but I think that pretty much answers my question. I figure it must be my bank. RBC here I come! :p

I cashed some Canada Savings bonds not long ago to pay for my iBook.
Just take them to a Bank/Credit Union and you should be set. :)

Yeah, I got back from the bank a couple hours ago. Just under $300. Can't complain. Except for the nutjob old lady in front of me who insisted on talking to me in a really hushed voice about nothing.

Back