• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

fastest hosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapras

For instance I was looking into Peer1 which according to Alexa.com was in the 57th percentile for speed. I don't know if that's accurate or not. But I am not sure how to determine if a host can really deliver on speed and reliability (and I mean probably Managed Hosting or at least dedicated servers, not shared hosting).

Last edited:
The speed would just be monitored on how fast it loads the page, that can be any size. The page loading speed will determine on the location of you, your connection speed, and the speed of the connection to the server, and the server hardware itself.

So there isn't really any test that is globally accurate for everyone.
Do your own tests by pinging their servers.
Since you're most likely after dedicated, ask for a test IP/download file.

Last edited:
Find a good host and don't worry about what those stats sites such as hostingspeeds. Instead work on your website code to make it load faster.

This is the best advice you can get. Because even if provider is fast the content of your page also determines how fast your site will load. So that mens you have to optimize the design also. Please select a quality provider and if you need you can check the speed also.

I have one of my hosting accounts at Hosting4Wealth. Many of my clients have commented on how fast both the server and network is. Also the servers are very reliable too.

But like iHubNet-Matt said, the biggest issue I see on the web is, how poorly webmasters optimize their websites. Too many images, flashy graphics, excessive JS scripts can all slow down your website.

This is the best advice you can get. Because even if provider is fast the content of your page also determines how fast your site will load. So that mens you have to optimize the design also. Please select a quality provider and if you need you can check the speed also.
Also important how network is configured. Because your provider can be next door to you but clusters might go trough other cities to reach your PC. So in this case all depend on complex of factors which should be taken into consideration

But that does not depend on the web hosting provider. That depends on the ISP and Network providers. But that doesn'ty mean that servers are fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back