• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Favourite Gun company?

Who makes the best damn arms?

• Colt

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Para

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig

• Steyr

• Heckler and Koch

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Galil

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Berreta

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Benelli

• None!

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Mine has got to be the HK G11, 4.38/Case Less, this thing is so beatiful, it's not even funny.

Here is a site www.securityarms.com it's an awesome site, the best gun site in the world. Wait- Gates can't afford a single aircraft carrier? How much do they cost? 100 billion? And, Colt does make good Assault Rifles, but SOCOM kinda gives them accesories. Another Edit, LOL, I've fired the Colt M4, the HK MPK, HK G11, AK47, and a couple of side arms.

Last edited:
Well GC, look at his avatar! It looks like he likes guns...

I have never fired a gun in my life. I don't want to either. While it is important for people to be protected, with 7 year old kids taking their parents guns to school, it makes you wonder if they are such a good thing...?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/9376.html

That is where it discusses his shares in the ship building. I am still looking for the one out there that talks of his actual ownership in some carriers.

Gian...the ships run $4.6 billion as you say, and Gates is worth $85 billion....why do you think he couldnt afford even one? I think something is wrong with your calculator, wipe the keys off.. The military let's private groups and individuals buy the hardware and leases it from them. ALthough the military pays more in the long term, they keep within their yearly budgets by doing so.. It makes sense to do if you have that kind of money..

Originally posted by Webdude
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/9376.html

That is where it discusses his shares in the ship building. I am still looking for the one out there that talks of his actual ownership in some carriers.

Oh shares... you should have been more specific! That is true.

Anyways, I am still the military expert around here.

Well GC, look at his avatar! It looks like he likes guns...

Sheesh, a 14 year old? Me liking guns makes a little sense because I could enter the army if I wanted to once I complete high school (I probably wouldn't).

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Anyways, I am still the military expert around here.

Maybe as far as Non-American militaries, but not ours :D

Let me tell you about some information I have that can be talked about now. Let's go back to the U.S.S. Stark. It had the Phalanx system, so why in the world did the ship get hit?

We will see how much you know...

Originally posted by Webdude

Maybe as far as Non-American militaries, but not ours :D

Let me tell you about some information I have that can be talked about now. Let's go back to the U.S.S. Stark. It had the Phalanx system, so why in the world did the ship get hit?

We will see how much you know...

I really don't know about that. Non-American Militaries yes. I can name the specifics of any military in the world, besides that of the US.

But I certainly am no idiot.

Argentina: 200 TAM Tanks, Several Dozen Mirage III and 5 Fighters, 60 Pucara Prop Fighters, and some French/British Ships

Chile: 200 Assorted Tanks (Leopard 1A5, AMX-30 Varients), 10 F-16C/D Block 50 Ordered worth at about $636 Million, and 2 KC-130 Transports ordered.

Brazil: 200 Assorted Tanks, Several Dozen Mirages, F-5s and AMX Fighters, some good ships including the new aircraft Foch bought from France.

Should I continue?

Last edited:
The system was still new and had a few electronic bugs it hadnt worked out. The Phalanx system looks like a giant R2D2 with a dick. That dick is an M-61A1 Gatling gun that fires 20mm's at 4,500 rounds per minute using a Pneumatic Gun Drive. It has a 360 degree radious and can automatically detect incomings, determine if friendly or enemy, and blow them out of the sky. Aboard the U.S.S. Wisconsin they were doing it's initial testing there, but it screwed up. Someobdy had pigions with electonic tags. It homed in on them as enemy and they were gone. Bad bad bad with all those Admirals around..LOL

Anyway, back to Stark. It has an electronic shutoff, electronic lock, and a mechanical lock. Due to the bugs, they had to keep it turned off to prevent it from frying it's circuits, and with the electronic lock on it. Some idiot thought it was best to have, in the middle of a war zone, the mechanical lock on it as well. They detected the incoming, and with the push of a button enabled the Phalanx system and it immediatly came online. The unfortunate thing was that that mechanical lock was in place, with no time to get a man to it to get it off. Blunders like this are quite popular in our military.

Come to think of it, I think that is still classified. Oh well, what are they going to do? Shoot me? LOL

Umm, it could be... I found this http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/weapons/wep-phal.html

but it doesnt have the Stark or a few other I know of listed..

Last edited:
Umm webdude, I really don't care what the US is getting. I do care about the AEW AEGIS System Spain is putting on new Destroyers...

And I am more knowledgable about the US Airforce and Army, not Navy.

Originally posted by Daniel
I HK mp5 kicks ---. Best gun in Counter-Strike. :D

I fired my brother's mp5 before. He's SWAT :cool:

No really, he works for the police and he's part of the SWAT team of montreal.
nah thats where u r wrong :D the mac 10 is, ahhhh what a great high powered water pistol :D~~~

Originally posted by Weapon

nah thats where u r wrong :D the mac 10 is, ahhhh what a great high powered water pistol :D~~~

The MAC-10.... sucks! The Galil is better!! Those Israelis know how to make guns!

Originally posted by stu
webdude is the new resident military expert around here...:biggrin2:

Yeah right. I am the expert around here... because I know the most about militaries around the world, and the US army and airforce.

Who is the expert now?

America's Next Assault Rifle:
Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW) will be a light weight weapon capable of firing kinetic energy projectiles and an air-bursting fragmentation munition. It will allow soldiers to effectively attack targets at greater ranges, and to attack targets in defilade. It combines leading edge technologies in miniaturized fuzing; integrated fire control; light weight, high strength materials; and munitions effects. OICW will increase the lethality and survivability of the individual soldier. It is the sole lethality component of the Dismounted Battle Lab's 21st Century Land Warrior (21 CLW) Top Level Demonstration.

The Objective Individual Combat Weapon Advanced Technology Demonstration (ATD) provides an enhanced capability for the 21st century infantryman, with the potential to selectively replace the M16 rifle, M203 grenade launcher, and M4 carbine. The fire control system (FCS), using a laser range finder, pinpoints the precise target range at which the HE round will burst and relays this information to the 20mm ammunition fuzing system. Fragments from the bursting munition will defeat PASGT armor. The sighting system provides full 24-hour capability by employing uncooled IR sensor technology for night vision.

Advantages:
500 percent increase in probability of incapacitation
New soldier capability to defeat targets in defilade
Effective range to 1,000 meters
Day/night fire control; wireless weapon interface
Substantial weight reduction
Ergonomic design (Hardly)

oicw4.jpg

Back