• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Finding myself an English Name =P Any suggestions?

Pick a versatile name. English has a lot of them.

If you pick Richard, you could be called Rich, Rick, or ----.

With William you can be Will or Bill, Nathaniel can be Nate or Nathan (most likely Nate-dog).

Seriously does anyone here know someone named Nate that they don't call Nate-dog?

That's a good point.

I've not met a single Nathaniel I haven't referred to as Nate-dog at some point.

Wade
Wyatt
Wesley
Wilbur
William
Vladimir :D

Or just stick with WeiZhong
When I first came to the Western World, I wanted an En
glish name, but decided to stick with my Chinese name because it is my real name, and it has an awesome meaning. So meh.

(BTW my name is pronounced Yu3 Xuan1, or 宇轩 if you are curious)

Last edited:
I'd stick with my chinese name. I have one and I'm proud of it, with no intentions to have an english name :).

I consider it part of my heritage and culture, and imo, they shouldn't be mixed.

Original Names

What about going to a bookstore and looking at author's names? Many of them are what people "wanted" to sound like because they were born something like
"Godfrey Bottomley".

If you grab a character name from a movie, be sure it's one that stays a respected classic.

"Weird Personality" ... I hear ya...

My vote would have been "Logan" but that depends on how much you like X-Men now. There's a Logan Airport in Boston in the USA.

What else... Robin? Robin Williams is the fastest ad-libber on the planet and Robin Cook wrote some 20 medical horror novels.

Damon ... Damon Knight was a short story writer, editor, and headed a leading Science fiction association. Damon Wilson wrote half of the Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved. If you an an e, Daemon has all kinds of other spins as well.

If you liked "Steve", then make the formal version Stephen. Stephen Hawking & Stephen Jay Gould have the bases covered on the science side.

Just don't go with "Johnny".

Back