• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

firefox people.. come here

eternal-dsut

Ok, I've been using FireFox fore about 3 weeks. And today something weird is happening. FireFoz is being really jumpy. Litterally, it's bouncing. It's really weird, but I don't want to use IE because last time I did, a load of spyware got installed on my computer.

Gonna need a little more info than "it's bouncing". What exactly do you mean?

I would suggest first to get some programs like SpyBot, AdAware, or SpySweeper and clean your system. It might take a while but better in the long run.

Like Nav2Net said, scan your system for spyware.

I know some spyware / adware pulls up adverts then makes the page shake to draw your attention to them. Never heard of it happening in firefox, but it wouldn't be impossible.

Could it perhaps be a website automatically 'maximizing' the window?
When that happens it looks as if it is 'bouncing'.

Heh, this usually happens when you have a visual style installed. Try closing and reopening the Mozilla window. That usually does it for me. Or, if the case is extreme, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

-Auvee B.

only thing that happens to my firefox is sometimes it stops
responding when trying to view a page but never happens in IE

sometimes it only half loads a webpage it gets very annoying

I used firefox for about 2 weeks, then it crashed. Many plugins don't want to work with it either. I gave it shot but it failed. I hate IE but atleast it works, though poorly.

Or not. Firefox has _NEVER_ crashed for me. IE has countless times. There must be something wrong with your computer.

tandoc said:
Or not. Firefox has _NEVER_ crashed for me. IE has countless times. There must be something wrong with your computer.

Same with me.. never had any problems at all with firefox. I have used firefox only (with the exception of using IE once or twice for a website or two) on my new computer, and have never had any spyware, adware, or viruses at all.

Yeah well, I haven't had this problem, but only when I try to minimize, then try to un-do it as it seems to be loading in the background (Means it be slow, even on a Pentium 3/4) Also, there is another error that might be worth mentioning:

In 0.9.3, Firefox could not use its internal updater... for some reason, a lot of others at school who might use it also get the same error, I wonder why. (I have checked both checkboxes for updates.)

Back