• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free automated billing system?

You should have quoted

my-e-space said:
Sorry, I was unaware that there were copyrights on forum posts! I was just trying to help the guy out.

What do you think legendaryfox is going to think when you make the post. That you made it.

I would recommend investing a small amount of money into ClientExec, I have found it suits my needs very well and can do much more than just automated billing.

Keep in mind, that automated billing is not a simple process, as using a fully automated billing system will always have a risk of fraud. I recommend using ClientExec or Modernbill seeing as you can manually approve the accounts before the system goes through with account creation.

Hope this helps you with your search.

legendaryfox said:
anyone have experience with phpCOIN? It looks pretty promising...

Price: phpCOIN v1.2.2 or lower is free to use, although donations to help cover the time and expenses of running this site are appreciated. When it is available, phpCOIN v2.0 or higher will be free to use for up to ten active clients, but more then ten active clients will require a fee

Unless he gets version 1.2.2, he will only be allowed to have 10 clients.

@desbest, my-e-space actually, i accidentally 'refound' the post that desbest made on another forum a day after my-e-space made that post. but thanks to both of you guys :D

@Ako yes, i've been hearing very good things about AMFR 2.0. I'll wait until that comes out, then I think I will decide which to use. Right now I think I'll go unautomated (with paypal), since it is my first time hosting paid, and since i'm not planning on getting too clients when i start out. any idea when amfr is coming out?

@TretaHost.net yeah, i read about that too. I tried 1.2.2, but it didn't really suit my needs.

@YellowMC yeah, i've been contemplating what to use IF i decide to use a paid solution. ClientExec, ModernBill, and WHMCS seem to be the top three in my list. ClientExec seems to be on the top of my list, because it costs the least, and a lot of sites I see are using it.

@HostFrog i've seen a few recommendations to AutoPilot too. I'm planning on trying out the trial soon (21 days is a long time O_.) but I think I should set up a free solution as a "fall-back".

Also, as a general question, do you guys think it would be better if i pay on a monthly basis, or on an "owned" basis? I'm tending more to go for an "owned", but not really sure (i bought my reseller account on a yearly basis, instead of monthly). Opinions?

Last edited:
I use ModernBill, and you can get it considerably cheaper from a reseller site such as http://www.mblicenses.com. That's where I got mine. I'm using the ModernBill Lite Leased license and paying ~$13. As opposed to the $24.95/month that http://www.modernbill.com uses.

ModernBill is by far the best billing system out there. But, it does take a lot of time to set up. If you need something immediate, I'd go with CE or another free option.

legendaryfox said:
Also, as a general question, do you guys think it would be better if i pay on a monthly basis, or on an "owned" basis? I'm tending more to go for an "owned", but not really sure (i bought my reseller account on a yearly basis, instead of monthly). Opinions?

It all depends on your revenue. If you can absorb the $200+ that an owned license costs, feel free. Otherwise, I'd stick with a small, monthy leased package.

AccountLab used to be free & many host used that as you could change alot of things but now you have to pay for it :-(, I would stick with clientexec & also get it from a reseller as you will save about $1-5 /mo.

Goodluck :)

craig said:
AccountLab used to be free & many host used that as you could change alot of things but now you have to pay for it :-(, I would stick with clientexec & also get it from a reseller as you will save about $1-5 /mo.

Goodluck :)

Hangon, didn't AccountLab Plus come with fantastico? making it free for the end user???

Back