• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free .info Domain Names!

This is sweet, but I still have a question. I'm currently hosted by someone, so is it possible for that person to host this .info domain (if possible) and point it directly to the directory where all my data are?

I wouldn't pay for stuff at a registrar like that ;)

Get it for one year and then transfer it into godaddy or namecheap or something like that. Cheaper, and more reliable.

Regards,

well i guess i wasted $7 well maybe not the domain is working i will probably transfer it elsewhere if their site is ever back up

Yah, you just set the name servers and add the domain in your control panel, like you do with a normal .com

Once you've ordered it, you cant until it expires. If you don't want it, you can transfer it to my acct :p (if it's possible..?)

Milli Riba said:
damn... how do I cancel/remove my domain from domainsite?!?

try click on expiring domain and remove it. don't know if it works but wtf :)

Damn, I just signed up with them. And from all the reviews they seem to go down alot.

Should have used a different registar. Now I'm stuck with this.

Only the domainsite.com goes down, not your domain. If you're using the DNS function, you won't have any problems.

how about transfer, any1 here tried it out? i can't %#&Q%# transfer. btw did you guys noticed only 1 person work at domainsite.com ?

only if your using another name server, but if you didn't change it ... still would go down also ... can't get my other ns working wth it at the moment.

hm.. suddenly my dns at domainsite.info works huh ? how could it be, i deleted the it yesterday. btw look if you have change name server at www.whois.sc that is were i saw my domain ns change.

um.. you know how there is like 3 or 4 registrars offering 25 free .info domains, is that for each registrar or is that all sites?

From joker.com:

Afilias (the .info registry maintainer) offers one free additional year for every ordered .INFO domain to all registrants.
Promotion rules follow:
only registrations made between 1st of September 2004, 00:00:00 UTC and 31th of December 2004, 23:59:59 UTC are eligible.

only registrations between 1 - 9 years will be eligible. We will charge those registrations immediately as usual. As soon as we get the confirmation from Afilias, we will add one (1) year without any charge and will notify you! (Note: This is done on a monthly basis)

all .INFO registrations, including IDNs, are eligible as long as they meet all criteria.

registrants are limited to a maximum of 25 free domain years per registrant for each registrar they register with. Registrations made in excess of the maximum will not be credited.
Whether a registrant is the same registrant shall be in Afilias sole discretion.

Note that this program is provided at the sole discretion of Afilias. An analysis will be conducted at the conclusion of the program and any adjustments required to ensure conformance with program rules will be made to registrar and resellers accounts at that time.

It appears we can get 25 at each registrar :) As someone once said to me, never knock back anything free. hehe..

Joker sucks though, coz it appears you have to buy 2 years and then get one free :(

I'll keep looking for more sites.

Back