• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Plesk Hosting?

ZoomCities

IT Community
NLC
If a Free Plesk Hosting is offered will you take it over cPanel? Will it be as in-demand as cPanel? Yes/No? Why?

I just want to hear feedbacks about this topic from free host seekers and providers :beer:

Zac

I hear alot about Plesk, had been try in demo but never ready using it
If i have a change to using it atlest 1month, i can telling you.

For me now WHM/cPanel is the my best choice

Regards

I think cPanel would be more in-demand then plesk. But maybe if it was hsphere, I really don't know.

But, in my opinion I think cPanel would be more in-demand and they would choose it over Plesk. Cuz' lets face it, the people that request free hosting aren't as experienced in other control panels. Because they think cPanel is the best and only control panel out there. (I'm not saying all the ppl. that request free hosting are in-experienced, but a big majority of them are.) That's my theory behind my answer.

Regards,

cPanel is the best by far though it costs more it can be cheaper if you have alot of clients :D

Cpanel. I ran a plesk host, never got used simply because people didn't want to learn how, they just wanted cPanel.

I believe FREE plesk hosting might attract user who are planning to learn the control panel. However, for paid hosting i don't think it will attract much people since all they want is cPanel for their hosting.

I offered plesk hosting at one time, no one really cared for it so I stopped offering it lol. But to go to plesk over cpanel I myself would not do it.

I think DirectAdmin and H-Sphere are in the middle of everything.

Some people actually know them, and will use them, and they're cost effecient leaving a host in better financial shape.

I believe FREE plesk hosting might attract user who are planning to learn the control panel. However, for paid hosting i don't think it will attract much people since all they want is cPanel for their hosting.

You'd be suprised on how much people don't even know the control "Plesk", look in the free webhosting thread, all of them say they want cPanel & Fantastico (All meaning big/huge majority :p) Very minimal say FTP or a basic control panel is fine.

plesk is good ..
i like plesk .
but cpanel has more functions and well, its most ppl prefer cpanel ..

I never have understood why people use nulled copies of WHMCS. It's not like it is that much money if you pay monthly.

They grab a free reseller from somewhere, throw up a nulled copy of WHMCS and then go to town. About a month later, something happens and they disappear a little richer.

I wonder if in case someone uses a nulled copy of WHMCS or cPanel, they are get caught ?
The WHMCS/cPanel companies can track the domains used and extract the info from doing a whois to domain and charge them or take them in court of justice, something like this ?

I wonder if in case someone uses a nulled copy of WHMCS or cPanel, they are get caught ?
The WHMCS/cPanel companies can track the domains used and extract the info from doing a whois to domain and charge them or take them in court of justice, something like this ?

Not usually. In most cases, they track where the server is physically located. They will then contact the datacenter and file an abuse complaint. The DC then forces the user to remove the content in question or risk having the server pulled.

bcoz these ppl refuse to use those free hosting billing system which have less features.
then they thought they can make a fortune by using something illegal without getting noticed.
and when they get caught, then only they know that they can somehow, get caught
:)

I agree, you get what you pay for. That's why cPanel is so expensive. But I have one situation here. A friend of mine just bought a Unmanaged VPS, and needed to install a free panel. He gave me the SSH login details, and I installed ISP Omega panel for him under Debian OS. Then, it was using 520+ MB of RAM this panel, and the RAM on his VPS was 512 guaranteed burstable to 1024 MB. Then he wanted to try something on his own: he installed a Mini Debian with the same panel and the RAM usage went to more than 700 MB. What a pain!

Re :

Free hosting is good till some periods , after some periods it causing some problem with service, no any help from service providers .. etc. Other option is you can use free hosting for testing purpose only. If test is successful then go with paid.

I agree, you get what you pay for. That's why cPanel is so expensive. But I have one situation here. A friend of mine just bought a Unmanaged VPS, and needed to install a free panel. He gave me the SSH login details, and I installed ISP Omega panel for him under Debian OS. Then, it was using 520+ MB of RAM this panel, and the RAM on his VPS was 512 guaranteed burstable to 1024 MB. Then he wanted to try something on his own: he installed a Mini Debian with the same panel and the RAM usage went to more than 700 MB. What a pain!

Seems like what you're trying to do requires something a little more than this VPS that you had.

@deeplist, it wasn't my VPS, I said it was a friend's vps. When he had Kloxo panel it was fair with RAM memory, but he didn't liked that panel so we started searching for free panels. This is when we found ISP Omega panel and it seemed that only the panel itself+php5+fastcgi+apache+mysql went high on RAM usage.

@AboutWeb
I think you should check and see what else is running in his VPS, coz I remember that it does not takes so much RAM.

I've been used ISPCP before, and it was only using about less than 250MB RAM when it was freshly installed on a fresh Debian Lenny VPS.

Back