• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Webhost 150 Megs - No Ads!

deeplist

Entrepreneur
NLC
Hello everybody!

I have just got to share this with you. I have found a site that offers 15 megs free + 100 more on request! There is a CGI-Bin. There is no ads what so ever! This host will be around for quite a while, because they make their money elsewhere. You are allowed to use FTP to upload your pages. This host is great!!! I was their very first member. I signed-up through AIM. I had my 150 meg account ready in a matter of minuites!

Go to: http://www.popogo.com

If you need anymore info, let me know. :) This is great!

That is because they launched this new webhost just a few hours ago. That is why I am the first member. They need time to update.

Originally posted by Myacen Network
100 gigs of Bandwidth ??? Wonder how long these guys will last

I have a good feeling about these guys. I think they will be around for quite a while. :) Their tech support is awesome too!

DeepList jumped the gun a wee bit, we're just now beta testing our services, and we just finished getting the layout as of this post. All the software is currently working, but I'd like to point out that CGI is only upon request, not a standard account option.

to avoid the barrage of complaints, please note we only allow the following file types as of launch:
.shtml
.txt
.htm
.html
.gif
.jpg
.jpeg

Yes I know, not much, but remember, there are no ads.

We do require a link to Popogo.com by the user.

Cheers.

Re: don't work for me...

Originally posted by daspiller
The signup page didnt work for me...

That is because they launched this new webhost just a few hours ago. That is why I am the first member. They need time to update. Since they just set this up, they will need time to update their public website. Give them a little time before trying to sign-up.

Originally posted by LeX
Is there ASP?

No, sorry, the following file types are available:

.shtml
.txt
.htm
.html
.gif
.jpg
.jpeg
(Please note that CGI is also available, only on request.)

Thanks,

We're Up Now

For those of you already emailing us asking how we plan to stay in business, I feel it necessary to post the following info:

1. Most users won't use 100 gigs of bandwidth (duh, we hardly allow any file types!)

2. Those that could come close would most likely be adult sites, which must have ads placed within.

3. We're running this project on a server paid for by our other webhosting ventures, all of which save NerdCities are already profitable, and quite so.

4. Popogo does place ads on the user based message boards, guestbooks, file manager, and adult sites.

5. Popogo's business plan is oriented around the soon to come launch of our content engine, a search engine unlike any other. We intend to make the bulk of our profit from it.

6. To be completely honest, should we be forced to implement ads within popogo after some unforseen financial problem (which we all know often occur to almost EVERY other host) we will offer a grandfather clause that will allow all sites previously signed up to continue ads-free.

So there you have it, I apologize for any spelling grammatical mistakes, I'm at the office way to late and must head home for a nice rest.

Hope our host fulfills someone's needs, and if not, good luck finding someone else!

Cheers.

I just have to mention it again - What a great host! This is a deal you don't come across every day! Wow, I still can't believe it! :)

Originally posted by zakath
Does nerocities or any of its sister companies offer domain hosting?

I believe this company offers domain hosting, you just have to contact them, and have them set it up for you.

Why have so many free hosting companies? wouldn't it be simplier to have one and combine all the good things in the seperate ones?

Do you work for them Deeplist? How can you say they are good before they have even started?
The impression I get from the SSIHost board and their never working sites say something else.

No . . . I would call it volunatary. I am just trying to give something back for the totaly awesome account they gave me!

Last edited:
Back