• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FWS speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently experienced an occasional stall through the shell to FWS and after some searching I believe it may be related to a recent change in the network card driver with the last kernel upgrade. We'll be trying a few things over the next two days and then we'll be upgrading to the latest stable release to see if that fixes it. Seeing as though the server has more then enough power and the loads been light I believe this is the problem. I'll bump this thread up once the changes are done to see if you notice any changes as well.

Until then if you notice it stall try to reload or open the page in a new window and it should be sent rather quickly. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the stalls but I can confirm they do exist.

So many times today I have been able to connect at all

After trying the last few minutes I took a 'shot'

Attachments

• fws.jpg
    fws.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 27
Sorry Jan, we've been trying some misc. changes to the system and it may cause some problems. Chances are our troubleshooting combined with the stalls problem in the first place will cause such issues until we resolve it.

I'll update this thread when I believe a fix has been found and then I'll ask the members of the forum to verify it.

What about this problem? :eek:

Warning: MySQL: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in
/usr/home/freewebspace/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

When it came right I had to log back in :(

That was from us stopping mysql for a reboot and because it can't connect to the mysql database it gives you an error and sends me an email. That's not part of the troubleshooting but I wanted to make sure it received a clean shutdown before the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back